Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas

My family and I enjoyed this meal for tonight's supper. I found the recipe over at The Savings Ninja. I can't say that I've ever seen a fajita recipe for the crock-pot, until this one came along! :)

Crockpot Beef Fajitas

Ingredients:
1 lb thinly sliced steak (I used ribeye)
1 pkg fajita seasoning mix, or homemade equivalent
1/4 cup water
1-2 cups sliced bell pepper
1-2 cups sliced onion
flour tortillas
toppings such as grated cheese, sour cream, etc.

Directions:
Put meat in crockpot, top with seasoning, add water. Cook on low all day (8-10) hours. About 30 - 60 minutes before serving, add bell peppers and onions and mix well. Serve on warmed flour tortillas, top with cheese and sour cream.

If freezing: Place cooked beef fajitas into a freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal, lay flat and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave for about 3 minutes.

Hubs and I really liked these (the kids had cheese tacos). The meat was very tender and shredded easily. They really reminded me of Carne Asada tacos, since they came out more like a beef roast than beef fajitas. I give them two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts