Sunday, April 26, 2009

About Me

About Balancing Act Basics:

I am a full-time everything--a wife, a mother, a professional, a cook, a maid, a chauffer, a gardener, a scrapbooker, etc. (but not always in that order!). After my youngest child was born in 2006, I began experiencing experiencing stress, guilt, self-condemnation, and was generally unhappy. I had been trying too hard to "do it all" to the point that I was overwhelmed, frustrated, and unhappy. And in 2008, I broke down in front of my husband, bemoaning my fate and difficulty in trying to find balance.

I don't know exactly when things changed for me. But one day in early 2009, I took a look at my family's schedule and noticed that, not only were we extremely busy, I was also happy! It didn't happen overnight, but it did happen. I was content with our situation and had realized that somewhere, at some point, the stress of life had ceased. I had found peace. I had learned that I cannot do it all, but that if I put certain things first--namely my family and my Heavenly Father--then everything else would fall into place.

Sometimes our schedules are so full that we don’t have time for life. Perfection is a myth, yet as women we strive to achieve it and then wonder why we feel so stressed. My goal is to provide practical tips to help you find balance in your busy but wonderful life.

A little about me:

Hubs and I met back in Summer of 1990 when we were very young (he was 13 and I was 14). (I'm now singing "Summer Lovin' " from Grease in my head). Fast forward 11 years to when we were married in 2001. Since then, we have been blessed with two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. Hubs is self-employed, while I work in Human Resources at a manufacturing facility. If I had my way, I'd be a stay-at-home-mom, but finances are not there yet. So I continue to work full-time while trying to focus on my family, drawer nearer to God, maintain my home, and find time for my projects without going stir-crazy (not an easy feat, I must add!). :D

Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments. I'd love to hear from you!

DeAna Boren
balancingactbasics (at) gmail (dot) com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts