About Balancing Act Basics:
I am a full-time everything--a wife, a mother, a professional, a cook, a maid, a chauffer, a gardener, a scrapbooker, etc. (but not always in that order!). After my youngest child was born in 2006, I began experiencing experiencing stress, guilt, self-condemnation, and was generally unhappy. I had been trying too hard to "do it all" to the point that I was overwhelmed, frustrated, and unhappy. And in 2008, I broke down in front of my husband, bemoaning my fate and difficulty in trying to find balance.
I don't know exactly when things changed for me. But one day in early 2009, I took a look at my family's schedule and noticed that, not only were we extremely busy, I was also happy! It didn't happen overnight, but it did happen. I was content with our situation and had realized that somewhere, at some point, the stress of life had ceased. I had found peace. I had learned that I cannot do it all, but that if I put certain things first--namely my family and my Heavenly Father--then everything else would fall into place.
Sometimes our schedules are so full that we don’t have time for life. Perfection is a myth, yet as women we strive to achieve it and then wonder why we feel so stressed. My goal is to provide practical tips to help you find balance in your busy but wonderful life.
A little about me:
Hubs and I met back in Summer of 1990 when we were very young (he was 13 and I was 14). (I'm now singing "Summer Lovin' " from Grease in my head). Fast forward 11 years to when we were married in 2001. Since then, we have been blessed with two beautiful children, a boy and a girl. Hubs is self-employed, while I work in Human Resources at a manufacturing facility. If I had my way, I'd be a stay-at-home-mom, but finances are not there yet. So I continue to work full-time while trying to focus on my family, drawer nearer to God, maintain my home, and find time for my projects without going stir-crazy (not an easy feat, I must add!). :D
Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments. I'd love to hear from you!
balancingactbasics (at) gmail (dot) com
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
- When Kids Grow Up
- Balance Your Life: A Spiritual Perspective
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Fish Au Gratin
- Make Your Own Bug Juice
- The Goody Bag
- Gardening Club
- Wok's For Dinner: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- And the $210+ Coupon Giveaway Winner Is...
- Giveaway Round-Up
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3/09
- About Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower
- Frugal Family Fun at the Air Show
- Expired Grocery Coupons--Worth Saving!
- Get on Board A Coupon Train
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Garlic Shrimp
- The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
- B.A.B. $210.00+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!!
- Coupon Goodies
- Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken
- Save on Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes or Big Bags
- Earn Rewards for Being Healthy!
- Taste of Home Freebies
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- Chocolate Giveaway!
- Wok's For Dinner?: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- Angel Food Ministries Part II
- And the got2b winners are...
- Go Green the Frugal Way
- Once A Month Mom Stock Your Kitchen Giveaway!
- Pace Hand-Pick & Win Game
- Free Foil on Earth Day!
- Angel Food Ministries, part 1
- Target Deals
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Babyback Ribs
- got2B smooth operator -- bloggie giveaway!!
- Frugal Focus
- I Can't Believe It's Food Storage!
- How to Speak North Carolinian
- Giveaway--Learning to Live Financially Free
- Free Child Safety Kit From Polly Klaas Foundation
- Enter to Win $150 Worth of Eco-Friendly Products
- Vocalpoint--Help Influence Future Products
- Register for French's® Coupons
- ▼ April (50)