Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

My friend Melissa posted this recipe on her message board at the Crockpot Moms group she created on Lilaguide (she's got lots of recipes, so check it out!). It's a really yummy meal, one of our favorites.

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients:
beef roast
2 cans beef broth
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
4-6 hoagie buns (I just used regular bread tonight and it worked out great)
cheese slices

Directions:
Place roast in a greased slow cooker. Pour broth over the top of the roast. Add spices. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours (or high heat 5-7 hours). Remove roast and save extra juice. With a fork, break the meat apart and serve on hoagies (my roast turned out super tender and was easy to slice, so I didn't shred it). Use excess juice for dipping sandwiches.

If freezing: Place cooked, sliced or shredded roast and juices into a freezer bag; seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in a saucepan and serve on bread with au jus on the side.

1 comment:

  1. Your excellent guidelines will be of great help to many. Nice post. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
    It WAS delicious, I got to share some of it!!


    Your excellent guidelines will be of great help to many. Nice post. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
    It WAS delicious, I got to share some of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts