Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spectacular Sides: Baked Italian Bread With Herb Butter


I grew up on buttered & baked Italian / French bread, but I've only made it a few times since getting married 13 years ago.  Not sure why, other than I just don't think of it very often.  But when I do make it, I like to use homemade Herb Butter to give it some special flavoring.

Baked Italian Bread With Herb Butter

Ingredients:
1 stick butter or margarine
2 tsp Italian seasoning
OR
1 tsp thyme leaves
1 tsp parsley leaves
1 loaf Italian bread, or use a loaf of French bread

Directions:
Cream butter or margarine with a fork.  Mix in herbs well and chill.  Add more or less of your favorite herbs to suit your taste!  Slice bread loaf with bread knife.  Spread herb butter on one side of each slice.  Form slices back into "loaf" shape and place on baking sheet.  Bake in preheated 450 F oven for 5-7 minutes.  Serve as a side to your favorite dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts