My first time making stuffed mushrooms!
I bought fresh white button mushrooms recently, and could not believe how big some of them were. I couldn't help but try my hand at stuffing them! Had I thought of it earlier, I would have taken a "before" picture to show you how big they were.
There are innumerable ways to make stuffed mushrooms & variations on what you can stuff them with -- cheese, seafood, breadcrumbs, etc. To keep things simple, I opted to make a low carb, protein & dairy-free version. I could not find many recipes that fit the idea that I had in mind, so I just made something up on my own. These are divine! Hubs complimented me many times on how much he enjoyed them.
1 stalk celery, diced small
6 button mushrooms
1 carrot, grated fine
1 green onion, diced
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Saute' diced celery in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly tender. I used just the natural oil in the celery in lieu of nonstick spray or olive oil. Meanwhile, remove stem from mushrooms. Slice off the bottom end of the stem & discard. Chop mushroom stem and place in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients including saute'd celery, mixing with a spoon until well-blended. Spoon stuffing into cavity of each mushroom. Place stuffed mushrooms, stuffing side up, on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Healthy Apple Stir Fry Sauce
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
- $1 Coupon Off Naked Juice!
- Wok's For Dinner: Seafood Soup
- Bad Quality?
- Free Ovaltine Sample Pack!
- Homemade Fat Free Raspberry Salad Dressing
- Spectacular Sides: Stuffed Mushrooms
- A Better Breakfast: Kale & Mushroom Saute'
- Wok's for Dinner: Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Snapfish: All The Prints You Want Just 1 Cent Each...
- A Better Breakfast: Orange & Bok Choy Smoothie
- TruMoo Milk: The Verdict
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork & Egg Noodle Skillet
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2010 (216)