I've been expanding our food horizons the last few weeks, coming up with some new recipes & trying new foods. The other day, we had our first taste of spaghetti squash, a much healthier alternative to traditional spaghetti pasta. I threw together a few basic ingredients and, voila!, I was really impressed & pleased!
Spaghetti Squash Meatballs
1 spaghetti squash
1 package of your favorite frozen meatballs
1 jar spaghetti sauce
grated Parmesan cheese
Wash outside of spaghetti squash, then place into a large stockpot of boiling water. Boil for 30 minutes or until rind is fork-tender. Meanwhile, brown meatballs in saucepan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. When squash is finished, remove from pot and place on cutting board. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds. Remove flesh with a fork or spoon. Serve meatballs and sauce on top of squash, sprinkling some grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Healthy Apple Stir Fry Sauce
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
- $1 Coupon Off Naked Juice!
- Wok's For Dinner: Seafood Soup
- Bad Quality?
- Free Ovaltine Sample Pack!
- Homemade Fat Free Raspberry Salad Dressing
- Spectacular Sides: Stuffed Mushrooms
- A Better Breakfast: Kale & Mushroom Saute'
- Wok's for Dinner: Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Snapfish: All The Prints You Want Just 1 Cent Each...
- A Better Breakfast: Orange & Bok Choy Smoothie
- TruMoo Milk: The Verdict
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork & Egg Noodle Skillet
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2010 (216)