Monday, September 28, 2009
1 lb romaine or green-leaf lettuce, or fresh spinach, separated into individual leaves (I used iceberg lettuce)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, shredded
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 rib celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup minced fresh cucumber or tomato (omitted; I thought I'd have a ripe cuke or tomato from the garden but it didn't happen)
4 cups cooked lean ground beef (I used 1 lb ground beef)
1/4 cup fish sauce or soy sauce (used soy sauce)
1-2 cups leftover cooked rice, optional (I made rice but served it on the side)
salt and pepper
Wash greens, shaking off water. Set aside in a colander. (Cut heavy stems from spinach.) Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and saute' until soft, 5-7 minutes. Add beef and fish sauce or soy sauce. Add rice, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for a few more minutes, stirring, until ingredients are well mixed. Wrap lettuce or spinach leaves around several tablespoons of meat mixture and serve.
If freezing: Cook vegetables and ground beef as directed above. Place in freezer bag; thaw 24 hours in fridge. Heat vegetable/ground beef mixture in microwave or saucepan then serve on lettuce leaves. I would suggest leaving the tomato and cucumber out until serving day. I had intended adding a little chopped tomato, but didn't have any that were ripe enough, and I'm not brave enough to try green tomatoes just yet (still learning to appreciate the red ones!). :)
So the verdict? Well....it was okay. A little bland. Okay, a lot bland. It smelled great, especially when this evening when I was heating it up. But the taste was lacking. I don't think that I'll be making it again, at least not this version. I'm a full-flavor kind of person, and I want flavors that will knock me upside the head, not make me come hunting for them. lol It was definitely a healthy meal. Hubs called this recipe Rabbit Tacos. I'll just have to find another version that will look a little more promising.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
On September 17, 2009, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advised
consumers not to use certain respiratory medications purchased after Sept. 8,
2009 and manufactured by Dey L.P., a subsidiary of Mylan Inc., because the
medications might have been part of a shipment being transported on a
tractor-trailer stolen in Tampa, Fla., on Sept. 8, 2009.
The respiratory medications, Ipratropium Bromide Inhalation Solution,
0.02%, and Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution, 0.083%, unit-dose vials, have
not been recovered and may be dangerous to use because the drugs may not have
been stored and handled properly.
Advice for Consumers
Do not use Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution or Ipratropium Bromide Inhalation Solution if it is from one of these lots above and was purchased or received after Sept. 8, 2009. Replace it with the same product from another lot.
Notify your health care professional of any adverse effects you may have experienced as a result of taking these medications.
Bring products from these lots back to the pharmacy where you received the medicine to exchange for products from a different lot or call Dey customer service at 800-527-4278. Contact your health care professional if you must switch to another product for any reason for possible dose adjustments.
Here's the menu plan for this week. As always, I'll post the recipes and any variations to the original recipe throughout the week.
Monday--Thai Wraps, Mandarin Orange Slices, Yellow Saffron Rice
Tuesday--Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Pineapple, Sautee'd Squash
Wednesday--Garden Ranch Pasta Salad With Chicken, Pears
Thursday--Broccoli Cheese Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans
Friday--Shriners Fish Fry, so no cooking :)
Saturday--Chicken and Egg Noodles, California Blend Vegetables
Yard sale day!
Sunday--Chili Corn, Green Beans
Our weekly Family Home Evening night
For hundreds & hundreds of delectable menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.org!
Friday, September 25, 2009
If you wake up looking like this…
…Don't go to work!!!
To add flavor to your stir-fry, be it chicken, beef, pork or shrimp, try 1 tsp grated ginger root, or 1/2 tsp ground ginger plus the juice of an orange, and keep the soy sauce to a minimum, like 1 Tbsp or so. You'll be surprised at the difference in taste. And you'll be glad to know that there won't be any overkill on sodium and calories! :)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
I am an email subscriber.
This isn't the first time that Heather has won. How does she do it? The giveaway is not rigged, I promise. I used Random.org and comment #7 was picked!
I'll be contacting you by email shortly.
- FREE Avery white shipping labels here.
- Click here for a Free Narciso Rodriguez Essence fragrance from ELLE.
- Complete a questionnaire here to receive a FREE ebook Take Back Your Life (for fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue sufferers).
- Over here is a Free Personalized 3D Postcard - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Choose from four backgrounds, upload your photo (optional) and a personal 3D postcard is made. They then mail it to you at no charge!
- Free Simple Recipes cookbook here. Enter code: Y6YFRP3H. Play the spin game then play the bonus round; everyone wins a cookbook. GA,MD,NC,NM,OK,SC,TN,TX & VA ONLY
- Receive a FREE scented bookmark when you join the Clair Bourke print mailing list here. I love Apple Jack & Peel!
- Free Disney's A Christmas Carol Train Tour, coming to a city near you (hopefully). Click here for information and tour schedule.
- Enter 2 Ziploc UPC codes and get a FREE Taste of Home online menu planning recipe guide here. Need 2 codes? Here you go: 025700012610 and 025700156062.
- Bowl FREE when you buy Tonys Pizza at Walmart. Details here. Find a participating bowling center here.
- Print a coupon here for $0.50 off Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts. Won't be long and it'll be pie time! And turkey time, and stuffing time...!
- Click here to get a coupon for $10 off any 2 Olay Pro-X products.
- FREE Smuckers Uncrustable sandwich coupon starts 9/28/09. Smuckers will give away 80,000 Uncrustable sandwiches. On 9/28/09, register at http://www.uncrustables.com/ and submit an after school organization tip and receive a coupon for one free box of Smuckers Uncrustables sandwiches (4-pack; max value: $3.00). This will not show up until 9/28/09.
- Get $0.75 off Little Debbies Family Pack Chocolate Cupcakes by print here and mail here.
- Click here to print a coupon for a FREE vehicle safety check at Pep Boys. Coupon expires 10/11/2009.
- Over here is a coupon for $1.00 off one NEW Musselman's Totally Fruit® or Healthy Picks® Apple sauce 4 pk/ 4oz
- $0.25 off Dole juice here and Sobe Lifewater here.
Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
4 b/s chicken breasts (I used 2 chicken leg quarters)
3/4 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube
4 oz (1/2 of 8oz pkg) Neufchatel cheese (1/3 the fat of cream cheese!)
2 Tbsp dried parsley
Cook chicken in a large pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes or until done. Remove chicken and shred. Meanwhile, heat 3/4 cup water in large skillet and dissolve bouillon cube in water. Cube Neufchatel cheese and add to water and bouillon. Stir until cheese is melted. Add chicken and parsley. Season with salt & pepper to your taste.
If freezing: Since I used chicken leg quarters, I deboned the chicken after cooking it, so keep that in mind if you use bone-in chicken instead of boneless, skinless. Freeze your chicken by placing it in a freezer bag or a food saver. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Prepare your cheese sauce as indicated above, and add your thawed chicken. Stir until heated through.
This was good. It loooked like, and sorta' tasted like, tuna fish salad. I could just picture myself eating it with some toast. But it was really good, and worth considering making again in the future. Hubs and our son also liked the chicken a lot. My daughter, on the other hand, was more interested in everything else on her plate. She managed to eat one bite of the chicken, but that's as far as she went. Oh well, the rest of us enjoyed it. :)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Preheat oven to 225-250 degrees. Rinse ribs and pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine Ranch mix, paprika, and pepper. Rubs ribs with seasoning mixture and place in shallow roasting pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; pour sauce over ribs. Cover with foil and roast in preheated oven for 2 hours. Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Then, peel one carrot and chop off the ends. Using a grater, shred the carrot. I like using the small shredder (is that what it's called??) side of the grater. After shredding, add carrots to the bowl.
Core and thinly slice 1 ripe tomato, such as a roma tomato. I wanted to grow romas this year, but hubs planted Big Boys. I did manage to find one small ripe Big Boy, and that's what I used tonight. Place your sliced tomatoes in the bowl, and add a handful of sunflower seeds (no shells, of course).
Mix all ingredients together, place a serving on your plate, then add your favorite dressing. I used a splash of balsamic vinegar and a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette.
Serve and enjoy!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Add your favorite brand of honey mustard to poultry or seafood. I like Texas Pete Honey Mustard Sauce. It's got a nice tang without being too spicy. For an additional shot of flavor, add some fresh or dried rosemary to the meat prior to cooking it.
Something that's also real good is pairing rosemary and cocoa powder with your favorite cut of red meat. Simply saute' sliced beef tenderloin, ribeye or similar cut of meat over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side, remove from heat after browned, and cook & stir 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp cocoa with 1 finely chopped clove of garlic and 1 tsp choped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves. Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute then serve over our beef.
Creamy Chicken Italiano
4 frozen chicken breasts
1pkg Italian dressing mix (I use just 1/2 pkg because a full package has quite a kick)
1 can cream of chicken soup
Combine all ingredients in a 3.5-4.5 quart slow cooker. cover and cook on high heat 6-8 hours or on low heat 10-12 hours.
If freezing: After chicken has cooked, place chicken with sauce into a freezer bag. I was able to use just a quart-size freezer bag. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator; heat in microwave; serve with your favorite side dish & enjoy!
This turned out really tasty! The chicken was so tender, it literally fell apart with a fork. So glad I made it!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Food Lion was having an amazing sale on ham, and since hubswas going there to get his "supplies," I asked him to pick up a ham while he was out. The response: "I don't know how to pick out a ham." After giving him a look, I basically told him that he would manage just fine.
And here's what he came home with:
Quite a large ham! Over 8 lbs. The shanks were on sale for just 89 cents / pound! So instead of paying over $13, this ham cost only $7.21.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Fruit & Veggie Box: 3lb baking potatoes; 2lb bag onions; 1lb carrots; 1 butternut squash; 4 bartlett pears; 3lb bag Golden Delicious apples; 3lb bag McIntosh apples; 1 cantaloupe; 1 avocado; 1 mango; 6 1.5z pkg's raisins; 1 pkg homemade apple pie spice
Monday--Hamburger Steak w/Sweet Onion Mushroom Gravy, Celery Sticks, Cantaloupe, Crescent Rolls
Monday evenings have traditionally been our weekly "family night," which we call Family Home Evening. But now that our son's in Kindergarten and has homework every night (and our 2-yr-old daughter has also decided that she, too, needs to do her "homework") our Monday evenings are rather busy. So we've decided to move our F.H.E. nights to Sunday evenings, usually the least busy day of the week.
Tuesday--Creamy Chicken Italiano, Vegetable Ribbon Salad, Grapes
Hubs has a meeting at church this evening. He should be able to eat before leaving for the meeting.
Wednesday--Baby Back Bash Ribs, Fruit Salad, Squash
Thursday--Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce, Garlic Green Beans, Watermelon
Friday--Hubs is on his own!
I'll be scrapbooking this evening, and since dinner is provided at the monthly crop, I won't plan a meal. Hubs will have the privilege of furing out what to do for him & the kids.
Saturday--Chicken and Squash (one pot dish)
Sunday--Veggie Burgers, Fruit Salad, Shoestring Fries
Our new night for our weekly family night!
For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!
Onion-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
1 envelope dried onion soup mix
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 bone-in chicken breast halves
1 lb potatoes, cut into small chunks
2 carrots, sliced (I used 2 sweet potatoes instead)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large plastic bag or bowl, add all ingredients. Close bag and shake, or toss in bowl, until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated. In a 13x9-inch baking or roasting pan, arrange chicken, breast side up, and vegetables; discard bag. Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
If freezing: Prepare as directed. After baking, allow to cook. De-bone chicken; discard bones. Place chicken and vegetables in freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal and freeze. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator. To heat, place in microwave-save bowl and heat in microwave or you can heat in a saucepan on the stove.
This was a really nice meal. We're not big sweet potato fans, but I've tried my best to "hide" them in a few of the meals I've made since we started buying from Angel Food Ministries a year ago. As for me, I couldn't taste the sweet potatoes, although they did come out rather mushy. The kids at their meal very well, and my husband had seconds, so using the sweet potatoes worked out good. :)
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I'll post a recap on the day in the next couple of days. I'm glad to finally be resting my heels (my feet are rather sore!).
Don't forget to enter the coupon giveaway over here. If you are having problems posting a comment entry, please email me at balancingactbasics [at] gmail [dot] com.
Friday, September 18, 2009
As promised, it's time for a giveaway--woohoo! I've got a stack of coupons ready to go out my door and into your home, passing along a huge amount of savings on to you. Doesn't hurt that I saved you the trouble of clipping and sorting the coupons, too! 8-)
The giveaway begins effective immediately. Here are the rules:
You can enter this contest up to 3 times. Read carefully as incomplete entries or entries that are not on this list will be invalidated. You will need to leave a separate comment for each entry along with your email address (you can include your email address in this format: balancingactbasics (at) gmail (dot) com to avoid spam from web crawlers.)
- Tell me which coupon(s) you know you'll be able to use if you are a winner.
- Subscribe to my blog by email, RSS feed, following (or let me know if you are already subscribed/a follower). You can also join the Balancing Act Basics group on Facebook.
- Write about this giveaway on your own blog. Include the link to the post in your blog with your comment.
Here's the coupons that are up for grabs (yes, I really typed these out! lol). I'll let you do the math on the savings ;-)
- $1 on any 3 rolls of Scotch tape
- $1 on one Scotch tape 3pk or larger
- $0.50 on any roll of Scotch packaging tape
- $1 on one Scotch Easy Grip Packaging tape dispenser
- $2 on any one Duracel rechargeable product or any one Daylite
- $1 on any Centrum Silver, except 30ct
- $1 on any Centrum, except 30ct
- $2 on Centrum Performance, except 30ct
- 3 coupons--$1 on any Centrum Kids, except 30ct
- $1 on any Caltrate, except 30ct
- $3 on Schiff MegaRed
- $3 on any Schiff Glucosamine product
- $1 on any one IcyHot Patch, Capzasin, or Aspercreme
- $2 on Similasan Allergy Eye Relief
- $2 on any Advil PM, 16ct or larger
- $1 on any St. Joseph 81mg aspirin, except trial size
- $2 on any Tylenol PM product, except trial size
- 2 coupons--$2 on any non-drowsy Claritin, 20ct or larger
- $2 on any Visine product
- $2 on any Visine product 1/2fl oz or larger, or on Total Eye Soothing
- $3 on any one Metamucil psyllium or Clear & Natural non-psyllium
- $2 off any Citrucel product
- 2 coupons--$1 on Johnson & Johnson Red Cross First Aid Brand Adhesive
Pad Plus Neosporin Antibiotic
- $1 on one any size Prilosec OTC
- $1 on any one Dove Go Fresh body mist
- $2 off any one Dry Idea Roll-On Antiperspirant
- 2 coupons--$0.55 on any Brut Anti-perspirant or Deodorant product
- 2 coupons--$1 on any Brut Fragrance product
- $1.50 on Smooth Away or Smooth Away Vibe
- $0.55 off any Gillette Series Shave Gel (7oz) or Foam (9oz)
- Buy any one Fusion Cartridge get a Gillette Deodorant FREE, excludes
- Buy any one Fusion Cartridge get a Fusion Shave Gel FREE
- $2 on any one Mach3 Disposable 3ct, Sensor3 4ct, CustomPlus3 4ct, or Venus
Disposable 3ct or 2ct
- $3 on any one Mach3 Disposable 6ct, Sensor3 8ct, CustomPlus3 8ct, or Venus
- $2 off any one Fusion Razor
- $10 off any one 14-ct Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal
- $5 off any one Crest Whitestrips Premium, Pro Effects, Daily Whitening
Multicare or Daily Whitening Tartar Protection, excluding Classic
- BOGO FREE any one 1-ct Oral B Indicator manual toothbrush
- BOGO FREE any one Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush single pack
- $2 off any one Oral-B CrossAction Power Max Brush
- $1 off any one Oral-B CrossAction Power or CrossAction Whitening Brush
- $0.75 on any GUM toothbrush
- $0.55 on any GUM accessory, excluding GUM Soft-Picks
- Target Web Coupon--$0.50 off 4ct Colgate Wisp mini-brushes
- $0.50 on any Colgate Wisp 16ct
- $0.50 on any one Crest Toothpaste 4.2oz or larger or liquid gel
- $1 on new Aquafresh iso-active Whitening Works Beyond Paste
- $0.75 on any one Crest rinse 440mL or larger
- 2 coupons--$0.50 on any Listerine Antiseptic product
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one box of Playtex Sport tampons, 16ct or larger
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one box of Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons, 18ct or
- $0.35 off one Zest body wash or bar bundle, excluding trial size
- $0.25 off one Ivory body wash or bar bundle
- $1 on any Softsoap body wash
- $0.75 on any two Suave body wash products
- 2 coupons--$1.50 off any one Pond's product
- $1 on any one Head & Shoulders shampoo or conditioner
- $1 off any two Pantene products, except trial size
- $2 on any one box of Clairol hair color, except Balsam
- $1 on any one Dove Hair Care product, except trial size
- $1 on any Root Awakening hair care product, except trial size
- 3 coupons--$1 on Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish hair care collection, except
- $1 on any one Pantene styling product, except trial size
- $2 off any full size Neutrogena Pure & Free baby suncare product
- BOGO FREE any one Tag body spray or invisible solid
- $1 on any N.Y.C. product of $1.72 or more
- 2 coupons--$1 off any Oxy product
- $1 on any one L'Oreal Skincare Cleanser
- $1 on any one L'Oreal Moisturizer or Treatment
- $1 on any one Olay Facial Moisturizer or Facial Cleanser
- $3 on any one Olay Definity Facial Moisturizer or Facial Cleanser
- BO Olay Total Effects Facial Moisturizer and GO FREE Secret Flawless
- BO Olay Total Effects Facial Moisturizer and GO FREE Olay Body Wash
- $1 on any one Sea Breeze product
- $2 on any LaCross Beauty Tool purchase of 42 or more
- $1 on 9Lives wet cat food
- $0.75 on any one bag of 9Lives dry cat food, 3.15lbs or larger
- $2 on one bag of Purina Healthy Morsels brand dog food, any size
- $2 on any one Whiskas Purrfectly dry food for cats
- $1 on any one Whiskas Purrfectly 10pk, fish or chicken entrees
- $1 on any variety Cesar Treats
- BOGO FREE on any Cesar Canine Cuisine single entree
- $1 on any one bag of Meow Mix dry cat food, 3.15lbs or larger or any one
Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness dry cat food, 3.0lbs or larger
- $1 off any one size or pack of Pedigree Jumbone treats for dogs
- $1 on any four Meow Mix Market Select single cups or Meow Mix Wholesome
Goodness single cups, 2.75oz
- $1 on any one Snausages or SnawSomes! dog snacks, 9.75oz or larger
- $1 off any one Pedigree Breathbuster treats for dogs
- $0.50 off any one Goodlife Recipe treats for cats
- $3 off any one Goodlife Recipe food for cats or dogs
- $1 off any one Goodlife Recipe treats for dogs
- $1.50 off any Strap Perfect bra strap concealer
- $2 on any Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Insoles
- $1.50 on any one size Pampers Diapers Jumbo pk or larger
- $1 on any Pampers Diapers or Pants
- $2 on any Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, Swaddlers, Cruisers or Extra
- Target coupon--$2 off Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive diapers
- Target coupon--$2 off Pampers Cruisers Premium Absorbent diapers
- $1.50 on any TenderCare Chlorine Free diapers
- $2 on any Pampers UnderJams Night Wear
- $2 on any one Pull-Ups Training Pants, Jumbo pk or larger
- $1.50 on any one Pull-Ups Training Pants, Jumbo pk or larger
- 2 coupons--$0.50 off any one 64-ct or larger pkg of Huggies Baby Wipes
- $2 on any two Pull-Ups Flushable Moist Wipes
- 3 coupons--$1 off 10 jars of Earth's Best Organic baby food
- $0.50 off any Beech-Nut Let's Grow! Mini Meals
- $0.75 on any Beech-Nut Let's Grow! item
- $0.50 on any one Swiffer Dusters starter kit
- $1 on any one Swiffer Dusters starter kit or refill
- $0.55 on any Endust product
- BO Swiffer WetJet starter kit GO Swiffer WetJet refill FREE
- $1 off any one Swiffer Sweeper starter kit
- $0.25 off any one size Dawn
- $0.50 off any one size Cascade ActionPacs
- $0.55 on any one 12oz size Dishwasher Magic
- $0.55 on any one size Disposer Care
- $0.25 off one size Cascade
- $0.50 off any one Method item
- 2 coupons--$2.50 on one Windex Outdoor All-In-One starter kit
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one Windex product
- $2 on Carbona oven rack and grill cleaner
- $0.55 on any Nature Source natural cleaner
- $0.35 on any Comet spray or Comet soft cleanser product
- $1 on any one Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- $0.50 off any one Mr. Clean Multi-Surface spray or liquid
- $1.50 on any Hot Shot product
- $2 off any one All 96 load or larger liquid laundry detergent
- $1 off any one All or Surf laundry detergent
- $0.55 on any one 24oz size Washer Magic
- $1.50 on any size Bounce Dryer Bar
- $0.50 on any two 82oz or larger Clorox liquid bleach products
- $0.75 off any one Surf laundry detergent
- $1 on any OxiClean stain fighter liquid
- $0.75 on any OxiClean laundry pre-treater spray
- $1.50 on any size Tide Stain Release product
- Walgreens coupon--43 off any one Viva 6pk regular roll
- $1 off any one Snuggle Liquid Fabric Softener or Dryer Sheet product
- 2 coupons--$0.50 on any three pkgs of Kleenex Facial Tissues or any one
bundle pk of Kleenex facial tissue
- Target coupon--$1.50 off 6pk or larger Up & Up paper towels
- $1 off six or more rolls of Scott Naturals paper towels
- $0.25 off one Charmin
- $1 on any Cottonelle toilet paper 12pk
- $1 off any one White Cloud paper towels or bathroom tissue product
- 2 coupons--$2 off one package of Angel Soft bath tissue and one pkg of
Sparkle paper towels
- Target coupon--$1 off Scott bath tissue
- $1 off four or more rolls of Scott Naturals bath tissue
- $0.50 on any Cottonelle Fresh Moist Wipers 42ct tub
- BOGO FREE any Eclipse 12 piece pack
- $0.50 on any two Snickers Marathon bars
- $1 on any one Sandwich Thins product
- $2 on any one 13.5lb or greater bag of Kingsford Matchlight, Kingsford
Mesquite or Kingsford Hickory Charcoal
- BOGO FREE 18oz KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce with the purchase of 13.5lb or
larger bag of Kingsford Charcoal
- 2 coupons--$1 on any two Hellmann's or Best Foods mayonnaise, 22oz or
- $1 on any one container of any brand of milk when you buy two Welch's
- 2 coupons--$0.50 off any one Peter Pan peanut butter
- $0.50 off any Frank's Red Hot sauce
- $0.55 on 12oz or larger bottle of Burleson's Pure Honey
- 2 coupons--$1 off True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange or True Lemon Naturally
- Target web coupon--$0.75 off 12pk 12oz Dasani water
- $1 on any one Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials pkg or multipack
- $1 on two Ice Mountain brand Aquapod 100% natural spring water, 8pks
- 2 coupons--BOGO FREE bottle of Snapple Tea, Juice Drink or Water
- 2 coupons--$1 off any one Welch's 46oz or 64oz 100% juice or light juice
- $1 off 64oz Genesis Today Acai berry juice
- $0.75 on any one Creammette Quick Cook pasta product
- $0.75 on any one American Beauty Quick Cook pasta product
- $0.75 on any one San Giorgio Quick Cook pasta product
- $1 on one Nestle Juicy Juice brain development and immunity items
- $1 off any two Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers
- $1.50 off any one Marie Callender's Home-Style Creations
- Buy 2 get any one FREE Manwich 15.5oz can
- $1 on any one item from Gluten-Free Pantry
- $1 on any Emeril's Seasoning
- $0.55 on any one Morton Season-All product, 5oz or larger
- 40.50 on any two Domino products, 2lbs or larger
- $1 off any size Truvia natural sweetener
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one Splenda no calorie sweetener with fiber
- $0.50 on any two Jell-O Gelatin
- $1 on two any flavor/variety Fiber One box muffin mixes
- $0.50 on any flavor/variety Fiber One box muffin mixes
- 40.75 on two any flavor Betty Crocker box supreme brownie mixes
- 3 coupons--$1 on one pkg of Dole Fruit Bowls in sugar free gel
- Buy two get one FREE Healthy Choice microwaveable soup bowls
- $1 on any two Campbell's V8 soup
- $1 on three any flavor Progresso soups
- $1.10 on three any flavor Progresso soups
- $1 on two any flavor/variety Muir Glen products
- $2 off any Rice Select item
- 2 coupons--$0.60 on any two Old El Paso products
- $0.60 on two Old El Paso products
- $0.50 on any one Success Rice product
- 3 coupons--$1 on any Success Rice products
- $0.40 on any flavor Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad Mix
- 2 coupons--$0.40 on any flavor box or pouch Betty Crocker Potatoes, except
- 3 coupons--$1.50 off one box of Kashi TLC soft-baked cereal bars
- 2 coupons--$0.75 on any Mom's Best Naturals product
- $0.75 on any Fiber One toaster pastries
- 3 Target web coupons--$1 off two 6ct Kellogg's Special K bars
- $1.50 on any two pkgs of Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats, All-Bran and/or
Kellogg's Raisin Bran cereals
- $0.55 off Trix cereal
- 2 coupons--$1 on Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 coupons--$1.50 on any one box of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal
- $0.75 off Whole Grain Total, Total Raisin Bran, Total Honey Clusters, Total
Cranberry Crunch, Total Blueberry Pomegranate or Total Cinnamon Crunch
- $1 off Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- $0.75 off Fiber One Original, Fiber One Honey Clusters, Fiber One Raisin
Bran Clusters, Fiber One Caramel Delight or Fiber One Frosted Shredded Wheat
- $1 off any two Quaker Grits
- 2 coupons--$2 on one box of Quaker Oatmeal Pancake Mix
- $1 on 28.3oz Fiber One Complete Pancake Mix
- $0.75 off any one pkg of Kellogg's Cinnabon Bars, 6ct, any flavor
- $0.50 on one box any flavor Fiber One Chewy Bars
- 2 coupons--$1 on any two boxes of Kashi TLC Chewy Granola Bars
- $1 on any one box of Quaker True Delights Granola Bars
- $1 off any two Crunch 'n Munch, 7.5oz or larger
- 2 coupons--$1 on one Nestle Cranberry Raisinets, 5.5oz stand-up bag
- $1 on any two boxes of Nabisco Cookies or Crackers, 4oz-28oz
- $0.40 on one jar of Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn, any size,
- $0.40 on one pkg of Act II popcorn
- 2 coupons--$1 off two Act II popcorn balls
- $0.75 on any 8oz or larger Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Sandwiches
- 2 coupons--$1 off any one Alexia crunchy snacks
- $0.50 off any one Pringles Snack Stacks, Stix, Minis or Bold Bites
- $0.50 off any one bag of Lay's Light potato chips
- $1 off two Wonka Laffy Taffy bags, 18oz or larger
- $1 off any one Planters Nut-rition product
- $1 off two Emerald Nuts 16oz dry roasted peanuts or lightly salted dry
- $0.50 off one 4.5oz or larger Chex Mix Select Chocolate Turtle, Chocolate
Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate or Sweet 'n Salty Trail Mix
- $1 on two 4.5oz or larger Chex Mix Select Chocolate Turtle, Chocolate Peanut
Butter, Dark Chocolate or Sweet 'n Salty Trail Mix
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one pkg of Kellogg's Special K cereal, 11.4oz or
larger, any flavor
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one bag of TrueNorth 100% natural nut snacks,
- one FREE Snikiddy product all natural baked cheese puffs & cookie
- $1 off any Promise or Promise Activ spread
- $0.50 off any Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend
- $1 off two containers of Nestle Coffee-Mate liquid creamers, 16oz or
- $0.55 on any one Kozy Shack product
- $1 on any one Egg Beaters seasoned variety
- 2 coupons--$1 on any flavor Yoplait Delights yogurt multipack
- 2 coupons--$0.50 on six any variety Yoplait Yogurt cups
- 2 coupons--$0.80 on two any flavor Yoplait Go-Gurt Yogurt or Yoplait Trix
- $1 on any one 32oz Dannon All Natural yogurt product
- $0.50 on any one Breyers YoCrunch 100 Calorie yogurt multipack
- $1 on any flavor Yoplait Fiber One yogurt multipack
- $1 on any flavor YoPlus or YoPlus Light yogurt 4pk
- 2 coupons--$1 on one Welch's 64oz refrigerated juice or cocktail, any
- 2 coupons--$1 off one half gallon of Over the Moon milk
- $0.55 off any flavor/variety Pillsbury Savorings products
- $1 off any flavor/variety Pillsbury Savorings products
- $0.40 on any two Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls
- 2 coupons--$1 on two Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls
- 2 coupons--$0.75 on two frozen Pillsbury Grands! biscuits, cinnamon rolls or
mini cinnamon rolls
- 4 coupons--$0.40 on any two Pillsbury Italian Meal Breads
- $1 on two any size/variety Refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! biscuits
- 2 coupons--$0.50 on any two Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
- $0.75 on any two Pillsbury Refrigerated Holiday Cookies, except Create 'n
Bake cookie dough
- $1 on two pkgs any variety Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- 4 coupons--$0.55 on one pkg any variety Pillsbury Simply...Refrigerated
- $1 on one pkg any variety Pillsbury Simply...Refrigerated Cookie dough
- $0.40 on two pkgs any flavor/variety Totino's Rolls Snacks
- $1 on any two Multi-Serve Tony's Pizza
- $1 off any one Red Baron Fire Baked Pizza
- $1 on any one Digiorno Crispy Flatbread Frozen Pizza
- $0.75 on one box of Tyson Any'tizers snacks
- $1 on one bag of Tyson Any'tizers snacks
- 2 coupons--$1 on any one Freschetta Pizza
- 3 Target web coupons--$1 off Kashi frozen pizza
- $0.50 off any Frank's Red Hot Original Buffalo Wings or Cattlemen's Honey
- 3 Target web coupons--%1 off two boxes Eggo pancakes
- 2 coupons--$0.50 on two any variety Green Giant Frozen Boxed Vegetables
- 2 coupons--$0.50 off any variety 19oz-24oz only Green Giant Frozen Bagged
- $1 off two Stouffer's French Bread Pizza items
- $1 off any two Banquet Boneless, 28.8oz or larger
- $1 off any six Banquet Dinners
- $1 off any two Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees
- $2 off any one Marie Callender's Signature Saute's
- $1 off any two Marie Callender's Dinners
- $1 off any two Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers
- $1 off any two Marie Callender's Pasta Al Dente
- $2 off any three Lean Cuisine Entrees
- 2 coupons--$1 on any Tyson Skillet Creations Meal Kit
- $0.50 off any Green Giant Create A Meal! stir fry frozen meal starter
- $1 on one bag of Tyson Frozen Breaded Chicken
- 4 coupons--$1 on any pkg Rhodes Warm-N-Serv Rolls
- $1 on any one Sara Lee cheesecake
- $1 on any one Sara Lee pound cake
- $1 off any 6oz or larger Sorrento Snack Cheese
- 2 coupons--$1 off one pkg al fresco All Natural Chicken Sausage, any
- $1 on two pkgs of any Oscar Mayer hot dogs
- 2 coupons--$1 off two pkgs of Ball Park Franks, any variety
- $1 off one pkg of any Oscar Mayer Deli Creations sandwich
- 2 coupons--$0.55 off one pkg Hormel Natural Choice Deli Sandwich Meat
- $1 on any High Liner Sea Cuisine product
- 3 coupons--$1 on any Reser's American Classics 3lb Salad
- 2 coupons--$0.55 on any one pkg of Treasure Cave Cheese Product
- $1 on any three Del Monte SuperFruit cups
- $1 on any one Marzetti Salad Dressing
- $1 on any two Litehouse poducts
- $0.75 off any Earthbound Farm Salad
- $1 off 2lbs or more General Tso's or Sweet & Sour Chicken from the deli
Whew! That's everything! Good luck!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
We also bought 3 grape vines, and here they are. No sooner did we plant them, they started sprouting leaves. Looks as though they like the soil. :)
Above: 3 types of onions--red, vidalia, and green onion. Below: carrots. We're going to try them again. After a little research, we learned that carrots actually thrive in cooler weather, so maybe they'll do better in a Fall garden than a Spring/Summer one.
Several bell peppers. By the time I went to chopping & freezing them, one had turned completely red and one had turned completely yellow (finally! peppers that look like the tag when we bought the transplants!). Also, a sweet pepper, which I chopped along with a tomato we picked; froze these for later use. One white eggplant, which we ate this week. My black beauty has a small eggplant. It'll be several more weeks before it's ready for harvesting. Also got a cucumber--yippee! All of our cucumber plants had burned off a month or so ago; that is, all but one. We had a cucumber plant that hid beneath a squash plant in our main garden. This cucumber plant finally shot off and has started reproducing cukes. There are several more on the plant that, keeping our fingers crossed, we'll be able to harvest in a week or two.
Our watermelon plant, which had started taking over the better part of our main garden, finally did make some watermelons. We have 5 large melons, and 1 little baby one. We ate some watermelon for dessert one night this week. The kids loved it, and I loved it since it was a healthy treat for everyone.
And finally, hubs was tickled pink at al the jalapenos he picked the other day. He made Pepper Poppers and ate 'em up while watching a football game.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Thai Wraps
- FDA Warning on Stolen Inhalers
- Menu Plan Monday: 9/28-10/4
- H1N1 Virus: Warning Signs & Symptoms
- Add Flavor, Not Calories: Ginger/Orange
- Coupon Giveaway Winner!
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Summer Salads: Vegetable Ribbon Salad
- Cheap Family Fun: Free Museum Day on 9/26
- Add Flavor, Not Calories: Honey Mustard/Rosemary/C...
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken Italiano
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak W/Sweet Onion-Mu...
- Bargain Buy
- September Freezer Meals Recap
- Menu Plan Monday: 9/21-9/27
- Wok's For Dinner: Onion-Roasted Chicken and Vegeta...
- Cook a Month's Worth of Meals: Check!
- Coupon Giveaway At Balancing Act Basics!
- Did Someone Say Giveaway?
- Fall Garden
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Add Flavor, Not Calories
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Satay
- A Parent's Guide to Kids' Vaccines
- Freezer Meals Tools of the Trade: Disposable Bakin...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Bargain Buy
- The Goody Bag
- Menu Plan Monday: 9/14-9/20
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Poultry Seasoned Meatballs
- A Walk Through My Pantry
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Stir-Fried Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken
- September OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef 'N Spice
- Menu Plan Monday: 9/7-9/13
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Pork Chops With Appl...
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Freezer Meals Tools of the Trade: Freezer Bags
- Wok's For Dinner: Pineapple Ginger Chicken
- Freezer Meals Tools of the Trade: Food Savers
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Casserole
- ▼ September (46)