We really enjoyed this meal. Not only was it quite out of the ordinary, it was quick and simple to prepare and was a great way to eat a couple of our favorites, sausage & acorn squash. And the sausage came out of the oven looking like a muffin, making a great conversation starter. :)
Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
2 acorn squash
salt & pepper
12 oz ground turkey sausage
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove & discard seeds (we feed these to the chickens). Place squash cut-side up on a baking pan; sprinkle with salt & pepper. In a large bowl, combine sausage & remaining ingredients. I started off using a spoon to mix everything together but ended up using my hands. Spoon sausage mixture into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Healthy Apple Stir Fry Sauce
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
- $1 Coupon Off Naked Juice!
- Wok's For Dinner: Seafood Soup
- Bad Quality?
- Free Ovaltine Sample Pack!
- Homemade Fat Free Raspberry Salad Dressing
- Spectacular Sides: Stuffed Mushrooms
- A Better Breakfast: Kale & Mushroom Saute'
- Wok's for Dinner: Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Snapfish: All The Prints You Want Just 1 Cent Each...
- A Better Breakfast: Orange & Bok Choy Smoothie
- TruMoo Milk: The Verdict
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork & Egg Noodle Skillet
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2010 (216)