Monday, October 12, 2009

Freezer Meals Tools Of The Trade: Food Processors

When it comes to making my monthly freezer meals, I don't know where I'd be without my food processor. It's not a very big one, but it definitely comes in handy. Hubs bought it for me several years ago as a Christmas present. I had developed quite a sensitivity to onions and would cry as soon as I started peeling them.

Chopping and dicing onions was extremely difficult; my eyes would burn like the dickens. So the little food processor my hubbie bought me was an absolute life saver.



Although the intent of the little food processor was for chopping onions, I use it for many more things. Here's a little list:



Onion
Garlic
Nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
Whole green chiles (I've found the cans of whole green chiles are cheaper than the cans of diced green chiles)
Broccoli
Carrots

I use the food processor for onions about 90% of the time, but it's nice knowing that I have other uses for it. It's a definite time-saver for my freezer meal cooking days, and I'm all about finding ways to shave some time on those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment