When it comes to making my monthly freezer meals, I don't know where I'd be without my food processor. It's not a very big one, but it definitely comes in handy. Hubs bought it for me several years ago as a Christmas present. I had developed quite a sensitivity to onions and would cry as soon as I started peeling them.
Chopping and dicing onions was extremely difficult; my eyes would burn like the dickens. So the little food processor my hubbie bought me was an absolute life saver.
Although the intent of the little food processor was for chopping onions, I use it for many more things. Here's a little list:
Nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
Whole green chiles (I've found the cans of whole green chiles are cheaper than the cans of diced green chiles)
I use the food processor for onions about 90% of the time, but it's nice knowing that I have other uses for it. It's a definite time-saver for my freezer meal cooking days, and I'm all about finding ways to shave some time on those days!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Family Night: Halloween
- Wok's For Dinner: Skinny Nachos
- I found this recipe in the May/June 2009 Taste of...
- Melissa's Public Service Announcement
- Freezer Meals Tools Of The Trade: Food Processors
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken With Mexican Mole Sauce
- Menu Plan Monday--10/12-10/18/09
- Free Earrings At Darcus Tori!
- Earn Points & Prizes at SheKnows
- Add Flavor, Not Calories: Garlic/Parsley
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemon Grilled Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey and Bean Tacos
- Menu Plan Monday:10/5-10/11
- Out of Commission...Sort Of
- Wok's For Dinner: Garden Ranch Pasta Salad With Ch...
- ▼ October (16)