Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday--10/12-10/18/09

I have had one CRAZY weekend! We finally had the yard sale yesterday. It started out Friday night with setting up everything on 12-8ft tables we borrowed from church. My husband and father-in-law erected a clothes-hanging system out of rope, PVC pipe and metal pipe so we could hang clothes. But my sister-in-law had a whopper of a load of stuff to get rid of, and she showed up late and hadn't priced anything out. My mother-in-law and I helped her as much as we could, and at 3am my MIL called it quits and went to bed. My sister-in-law and I, on the other hand, didn't make it and stayed up the remainder of the night. We finally had all her things unpacked and out on the table (some of it priced, but not all) by 5:30am. The yard sale was supposed to start at 7am, but our first customer showed up at 6:30am. Once the sun came up, though, it was a nonstop adventure with customers galore. Our yard sale was absolutely huge, not just with everything we were selling, but also with the number of customers. We had customers telling us they heard about our yard sale from other customers who had visited. As we were trying to end the yard sale and put things away, we still had people showing up to buy things, and this was at about 2pm! Finally, it started raining, and that put a halt on any more yard-selling, thankfully! We made a whopper of a profit, especially my sister-in-law, she really raked it in. But because of the rain, we had to wait until this afternoon to finish putting things away and taking it to Good Will. We took a truck and trailer full of bags and boxes of stuff that didn't sell. Literally, we could have had another yard sale. It was a profitable weekend, but my head is really fuzzy from the lack of sleep. I'm so glad that's over!

Anyhow, on to the menu plan for this week! I'll post the recipes throughout the week. Here's what's on the menu:

Monday--Chicken with Mexican Mole Sauce, Sweet Corn Bread, Carrot & Celery Sticks

Tuesday--Pizza Pasta Toss, Salad

Wedesday--Boca Skinny Nachos, Squash

Thursday--German Pork Roast With Roasted Vegetables

Friday--Scrapbooking night, so hubs is on his own!

Saturday--Moroccan Chicken Thighs, Couscous, Carrots

Sunday--Turkey Burgers, Cream Corn, Garlic Green Beans

For all the best menu plans, visit OrgJunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment