Tonight's meal was inspired by this recipe, BOCA "Skinny" Nachos. I had purchased a couple packages of meatless crumble a few months ago that's been sitting in my freezer, and when I found this recipe, it just seemed to be the right fit for one of my bags of meatless crumble. Plus, it sounded like a really healthy recipe, especially one that was quick & easy! But since I worked a nearly 12-hour day today, I made several modifications to the recipe. I was simply not in the mood for anything complicated. That's what nearly 12 hours on your feet will do to you. :)
1 pkg meatless crumble meal starter
1/2 cup water
1/2 pkg taco seasoning mix (I used Old El Paso 40% less sodium)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 can Rotel-style tomatoes & chiles
Place frozen meatless crumble into a large skillet. Stir to help thaw & heat up. Add water and all seasonings. Let simmer several minutes. Add tomatoes & chiles, stir until mixture is heated throughout. Serve on tortilla chips with shredded cheese and sour cream.
So this was the perfect "go to" meal. Quick. Easy. Uncomplicated. Right up my alley for tonight! And it tasted great, too!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Family Night: Halloween
- Wok's For Dinner: Skinny Nachos
- I found this recipe in the May/June 2009 Taste of...
- Melissa's Public Service Announcement
- Freezer Meals Tools Of The Trade: Food Processors
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken With Mexican Mole Sauce
- Menu Plan Monday--10/12-10/18/09
- Free Earrings At Darcus Tori!
- Earn Points & Prizes at SheKnows
- Add Flavor, Not Calories: Garlic/Parsley
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemon Grilled Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey and Bean Tacos
- Menu Plan Monday:10/5-10/11
- Out of Commission...Sort Of
- Wok's For Dinner: Garden Ranch Pasta Salad With Ch...
- ▼ October (16)