Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Better Breakfast: Banana & Vanilla Smoothie



I love making smoothies, although I don't do it as often as I would like.  This morning, I decided to make smoothies for hubs and I for breakfast since it had been a really long time.  We have a Magic Bullet, which I love.  I used only a few simple ingredients for this morning's smoothie and absolutely loved the result!!  So fresh, cold, delicious!

Banana & Vanilla Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 banana
2 stalks bok choy
1 tub (5-6 oz) vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
6-8 ice cubes
apple juice

Directions:
Split banana in half, placing one half into Magic Bullet cup.  Rinse & pat dry bok choy.  Remove green fronds.  Cut stalks into 1-inch pieces.  Place half of the bok choy pieces into cup.  Add half of the vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt and 3-4 ice cubes.  Pour aple juice into cup until it is half-full.  Repeat steps with a second Magic Bullet cup.  (Note: recipe works well with a regular blender; simply add all ingredients into blender pitcher instead of dividing up.)

Pulse Magic Bullet / blender until all ingredients are smooth.  If using Magic Bullet cups, repeat with 2nd cup.  Serve & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts