Monday, March 17, 2014
Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all!
I realize the day is nearly over, but while sorting through some scrapbook pages, I came across this project that did with the kids a few years ago for St. Patrick's Day and thought that I'd share it with you.
My two oldest kiddos had a blast making this (who doesn't like finger paint??). I was pregnant with #3 at the time, and considering that she'll be 3 next month, I should probably plan on having her make her own hand rainbow & pot of gold.
To make your own child(ren)'s page, you'll need:
1 - 12x12 blue cardstock
3 - 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock or scrapbook paper
6 - paper plates or foil sheets
finger paints of all the colors of the rainbow (I used red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple & skipped indigo)
solid black cardstock
gold glitter paint
green clover stickers
glue or other adhesive
Use the 12x12 blue cardstock as your background or "sky." Squirt finger paints onto paper plates or foil sheets. Dip palm of child's hand into one finger paint, ensuring good coverage of the palm, then press onto one half of a sheet of white paper or white cardstock. Clean hand off, then repeat with another color and press onto second half of sheet of white paper/cardstock. Continue repeating remaining colors of finger paints and white paper/cardstock until all colors are used. Have child cut out a "pot" from black cardstock; of course, provide assistance as needed, depending on child's age. Using gold glitter paint, create gold pieces onto inside of "pot." Allow rainbow hands and gold pieces to dry completely. Cut rainbow hands out of white paper/cardstock, then glue onto blue cardstock in rainbow pattern (red to purple). Glue hands down to paper in a semi-circle fashion like a rainbow. Glue pot of gold at bottom of rainbow. Remove adhesive back from green clover stickers, then place at bottom of blue cardstock to create the look of grass. Finally, have your child write his/her name on their St. Patrick's Day masterpiece. :)
- Harris Teeter Produce Rewrap Deals: 3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/31/14-4/6/14
- Wok's for Dinner: Poultry Seasoned Meatballs
- Spectacular Sides: Baked Italian Bread With Herb B...
- Dollar General: coupon for $5 off $25 purchase
- Save A Lot 3-day Sale: 3/28/14-3/30/14
- Delicious Desserts: Bread Pudding
- Checkout 51: Get Cash Back For Shopping!
- Harris Teeter General Mills Promo
- Harris Teether e-VIC Specials 3/28/14-4/1/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff & Pretzel Bun...
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 3/26/14 - 3/29/14
- Kellogg's Family Rewards -- 1000 points bonus code...
- What's On Sale This Week #1: 3/26/14-3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: March 24, 2014
- Spectacular Sides: Pudding Fruit Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Vegetable & Basil Pasta Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Healthy Carrot & Craisin Salad
- What's On Sale This Week #2: 3/19/14 - 3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Balsamic Chicken Salad
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 3/19/14-3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- A Better Breakfast: Banana & Vanilla Smoothie
- Removing Those Nasty Cobwebs
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Kids Craft: St. Patrick's Day Hand Rainbow & Pot O...
- Delicious Desserts: Apple-Pear Crisp
- Food Lion Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- Check Those Sales Receipts
- Harris Teeter Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2010 (216)