Notice anything wrong with this picture?
Yes, I forgot the cabbage. No two ways about it, I completely forgot to add the cabbage! What's corned beef on St. Patrick's Day without the cabbage?!?
Either way, it still tasted great!!! I have made corned beef for St. Patrick's Day for at least the last 5 years, varying the recipe just about each time. I think that I finally have it just the way I like it. Here's how I made it this time (including how it would have been made with the cabbage had I remembered to add that oober-important vegetable):
Slow Cooker Corned Beef
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large carrots, peeled & cut into 2-inch long sticks
1 medium onion, chopped
1 3-4 lb corned beef brisket, with seasoning packet
1 cup apple juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cabbage, cut into 8 thin wedges
Place and mix potatoes, onions & carrots in bottom of 6-qt slow cooker. Trim fat from corned beef, then place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Sprinkle corned beef with seasoning packet (this should be in the package of corned beef). Add apple juice and Worcestershire sauce, then sprinkle pepper on top. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low heat. About 30 minutes before serving time, remove corned beef from slow cooker and place on platter; cover to keep warm. Add cabbage to slow cooker; stir cabbage into broth. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH temp for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Slice corned beef and serve with vegetables.
- Harris Teeter Produce Rewrap Deals: 3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/31/14-4/6/14
- Wok's for Dinner: Poultry Seasoned Meatballs
- Spectacular Sides: Baked Italian Bread With Herb B...
- Dollar General: coupon for $5 off $25 purchase
- Save A Lot 3-day Sale: 3/28/14-3/30/14
- Delicious Desserts: Bread Pudding
- Checkout 51: Get Cash Back For Shopping!
- Harris Teeter General Mills Promo
- Harris Teether e-VIC Specials 3/28/14-4/1/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff & Pretzel Bun...
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 3/26/14 - 3/29/14
- Kellogg's Family Rewards -- 1000 points bonus code...
- What's On Sale This Week #1: 3/26/14-3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: March 24, 2014
- Spectacular Sides: Pudding Fruit Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Vegetable & Basil Pasta Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Healthy Carrot & Craisin Salad
- What's On Sale This Week #2: 3/19/14 - 3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Balsamic Chicken Salad
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 3/19/14-3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- A Better Breakfast: Banana & Vanilla Smoothie
- Removing Those Nasty Cobwebs
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Kids Craft: St. Patrick's Day Hand Rainbow & Pot O...
- Delicious Desserts: Apple-Pear Crisp
- Food Lion Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- Check Those Sales Receipts
- Harris Teeter Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2010 (216)