Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wok's For Dinner: Balsamic Chicken Salad



This salad recipe comes from the Taste of Home Ultimate Chicken Cookbook that I bought several years ago for next to nothing.  I served this chicken over a bed of fancy greens that I recently bought for dirt cheap.  (I'm all about finding ways to save!!)  Here's how I made my version, just slightly different than the original.  I loved how quick & simple this recipe was to make, as well as how light & refreshing it tasted.

Balsamic Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
6 grape tomatoes, halved
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
fancy salad greens

Directions:
Saute' chicken in large skillet with minced garlic and olive oil until juices run clear.  Add vinegar, tomatoes, basil, salt & pepper; cook and stir until heated through.  Serve on a plate of salad greens.

For the original recipe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts