Monday, March 31, 2014
Another week has come & gone!
Would you believe that we've had some bad luck around here? Our truck got stuck in some mud last night (we've had a lot of recent rain and he had pulled over into some grass to let a neighbor pass him who was driving in the opposite direction down our dirt road; the ground was saturated like a sponge and he ended up stuck axle-deep!). With help from my father-in-law and another neighbor, the truck was pulled out of the mud this morning.
Also yesterday, my oldest daughter complained about a sore throat and severe headache. I took her to the doctor this morning and, yep, strep throat. She is allergic to antibiotics in the Amoxicillin family and had to get a script for a more expensive kind...WAY more expensive kind. The pharmacy tech was able to apply a discount card towards the cost, which helped some.
So even with a few strokes of bad luck, I am optimistic. Good came out of it all.
Onto the menu! As you may recall from last week, I am posting my menu plans a week behind. This gives me the opportunity to post some of the recipes during the week as we try new meals and/or eat meals that previously did not have a recipe posted. Hopefully, you'll be inspired to try some of these and enjoy them yourself!
Monday -- Reuben Sandwiches (using leftover corned beef & a slice of cheese served on rye bread), Tuscan Vegetable Medley, Sliced Mango & Kiwi
Tuesday -- Chicken Chili with crackers (I used a new recipe and it really did not come out well -- will NOT be making this version again and, therefore, no need to share the recipe!)
Wednesday -- Venison Stroganoff & Pretzel Bun Sandwiches, Broccoli with garlic, Wax Beans
Thursday - Poultry Seasoned Meatballs, Baked Italian Bread With Herb Butter, Onion-Roasted Potatoes, Baked Carrots
Friday -- Hot Dog Supper & Potluck at church for our Cub Scout's Pinewood Derby. I brought Boston Baked Beans and Bread Pudding
Saturday -- dinner at a friend's house
Sunday -- Meatballs & Gravy (mushroom gravy served over store-bought Italian meatballs), Fruit Salad, box of stuffing, leftover Boston Baked Beans.
- Harris Teeter Produce Rewrap Deals: 3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/31/14-4/6/14
- Wok's for Dinner: Poultry Seasoned Meatballs
- Spectacular Sides: Baked Italian Bread With Herb B...
- Dollar General: coupon for $5 off $25 purchase
- Save A Lot 3-day Sale: 3/28/14-3/30/14
- Delicious Desserts: Bread Pudding
- Checkout 51: Get Cash Back For Shopping!
- Harris Teeter General Mills Promo
- Harris Teether e-VIC Specials 3/28/14-4/1/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff & Pretzel Bun...
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 3/26/14 - 3/29/14
- Kellogg's Family Rewards -- 1000 points bonus code...
- What's On Sale This Week #1: 3/26/14-3/29/14
- Menu Plan Monday: March 24, 2014
- Spectacular Sides: Pudding Fruit Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Vegetable & Basil Pasta Salad
- Spectacular Sides: Healthy Carrot & Craisin Salad
- What's On Sale This Week #2: 3/19/14 - 3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Balsamic Chicken Salad
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 3/19/14-3/22/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- A Better Breakfast: Banana & Vanilla Smoothie
- Removing Those Nasty Cobwebs
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Kids Craft: St. Patrick's Day Hand Rainbow & Pot O...
- Delicious Desserts: Apple-Pear Crisp
- Food Lion Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- Check Those Sales Receipts
- Harris Teeter Shopping Trip: 3/14/14
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2010 (216)