Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole



This is a definite crowd-pleaser whenever I make it.  My 7-year-old daughter was very pleased to inform me tonight that she had thirds.  I made my with ground venision, but you can use whatever type of ground meat you prefer -- beef, turkey, chicken, etc. 

Pizza Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 button mushrooms, chopped
8 oz elbow or corkscrew macaroni, cooked
1 jar pizza sauce
8-10 black olives, sliced (optional)
3 oz pepperoni slices
1-2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Paremsan cheese, grated (optional)

Directions:
Brown ground beef with onion and mushrooms in large skillet until meat is no longer pink.  Drain fat.  Stir in cooked macaroni, pizza sauce, sliced olives, and pepperoni slices.  Spoon into a large casserole dish.  Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.  Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.  Serve with grated Parmesan on top, if dsired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts