Sometimes, I really wonder if it's just me. It doesn't happen each week, but it does happen. I am over/under charged. The price that rings up at the register doesn't match the price in the weekly circular or the price on the shelf. And it's not the same store over & over again. It's happened at national stores, drug stores, discount stores, grocery stores, warehouse stores...you name it.
So again, I wonder, is it just me?
Do you check your receipts? Have you been over/under charged?
How many of us go by our daily lives, make a purchase, and think, "wow, that was higher than I expected," and not think twice about it, never realizing that there was a mistake on the bill?
Yesterday was errand day. The little one and I did our weekly shopping trip. I decided to head to a nearby town to shop at a grocery store that I haven't been to in over a year. While there, I swung by another grocery store. It was at this 2nd store, while checking out, that the thought occurred to me that I needed to check my receipt before leaving so I wouldn't have to make a 2nd trip into this town later on, in case something was not accurate.
So as soon as the cashier handed me my receipt, I took a quick glance. The price of the 1st item was wrong.
And the 2nd item was wrong.
And the 3rd, the 4th, the 5th...what in the world???
Of the 18 items that I had purchased, 12 of them were too high. My MVP discount did not get applied correctly, so I was charged full retail. I immediately alerted the cashier. She looked at my receipt and insisted that it was correct because my MVP coupons were applied. But she spoke to another cashier who looked at the receipt. I showed her the prices listed on the circular and that they differed from the price on the receipt.
In turn, she grabbed the CSM. Together, they fixed the issue, and I received a refund of $10.74. With our tight family budget, that's not an amount to sneeze at!!
The moral of the story is this: take the time to check your receipts! It just might save you some money. ;)
- What's on Sale #1: Now Thru 5/3
- Spectacular Sides: Sweet Potato Fries
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Trifle
- Free eBooks:Quick & Easy Paleo, Top 40 Quinoa, Qui...
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooker: Teriyaki Chicken Dr...
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pi...
- Free Sample: Eucerin Lotion
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/28/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Tacoless Taco
- Save A Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/27
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/29/14
- Mambo Sprouts: Healthy & Organic Item Coupons
- What's on Sale: Today Thru 4/26
- Earthbound Farm Reusable Bag
- Free Sample: Poise LIner Pad
- Free Sample: U by Kotex!
- Free Sample: Purina Healthy Weight Cat Chow
- Save-A-Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/20
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/23
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Venison Meatloaf (Qu...
- What's on Sale: 4/16/14-4/19/14
- Free Sample: New Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cl...
- Spectacular Sides: Fried Eggplant
- Wok's for Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Shells
- Free Sample: Biolage
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/14/14-4/20/14
- What's on Sale #2: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- What's on Sale #1: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- Celebrate Wimpy Kid Month
- Wok's For Dinner: Coconut Shrimp & Mussels
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/7/14 - 4/13/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Casserole
- Freebies in my Mailbox: Finish Dishwashing Sample
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet & Sour Dogs
- Free eBooks: Herbs & Spices, Canning & Preserving,...
- Check Those Sales Receipts!
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials thru 4/8/14
- Balancing Act Basics: In Your e-Mailbox!
- Wok's for Dinner: King Ranch Chicken
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 4/3/14-4/5/14
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 4/2/14-4/5/14
- French's Coupons Available: Mustard and More!
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham & Swiss Pizza
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Venison Strips
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Piggies
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2010 (216)