Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Sometimes, it pays to have yummy comfort food for dinner. Tonight was one of those nights. Last night was "eat out" night due to activities in the evening and the kids' desire to spend a little time with their cousins at Taco Bell.
So tonight I simply HAD to make something, here at home, that we would all enjoy, but wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to put together, yet tasted like it had been slow-cooked in heaven.
I've made this particular recipe once before and it was a hit. So I thought it would make the perfect meal for tonight, and it proved to be a hit again. Gotta love it when I hit the supper nail on the head!
Chicken Broccoli Shells
1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 cups)
6 oz (1/2 a 12-oz box) jumbo pasta shells
1 tsp salt
16 oz chopped broccoli, cooked
1 16 oz jar alfredo sauce
4 oz feta cheese crumbles*
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
If you haven't already cooked the chicken, place it in a 6 qt stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; continue boiling for 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken from pot but do not drain broth/water. Allow chicken to rest on a cutting board about 5 minutes. Shred chicken and place in large bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking oil spray. Meanwhile, put pasta and salt in boiling chicken broth/water; add additional water if needed to cover pasta. Cook pasta according to manufacturer's directions; drain & rinse with cool water, then allow to dry on paper towels. Mix broccoli, alredo sauce, feta cheese and Parmesan with chicken in large bowl. Spoon chicken mixture into pasta shells. Place stuffed shells into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese when serving, if desired.
*Note: you can substitute 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese in lieu of feta if you desire.
- What's on Sale #1: Now Thru 5/3
- Spectacular Sides: Sweet Potato Fries
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Trifle
- Free eBooks:Quick & Easy Paleo, Top 40 Quinoa, Qui...
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooker: Teriyaki Chicken Dr...
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pi...
- Free Sample: Eucerin Lotion
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/28/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Tacoless Taco
- Save A Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/27
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/29/14
- Mambo Sprouts: Healthy & Organic Item Coupons
- What's on Sale: Today Thru 4/26
- Earthbound Farm Reusable Bag
- Free Sample: Poise LIner Pad
- Free Sample: U by Kotex!
- Free Sample: Purina Healthy Weight Cat Chow
- Save-A-Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/20
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/23
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Venison Meatloaf (Qu...
- What's on Sale: 4/16/14-4/19/14
- Free Sample: New Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cl...
- Spectacular Sides: Fried Eggplant
- Wok's for Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Shells
- Free Sample: Biolage
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/14/14-4/20/14
- What's on Sale #2: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- What's on Sale #1: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- Celebrate Wimpy Kid Month
- Wok's For Dinner: Coconut Shrimp & Mussels
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/7/14 - 4/13/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Casserole
- Freebies in my Mailbox: Finish Dishwashing Sample
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet & Sour Dogs
- Free eBooks: Herbs & Spices, Canning & Preserving,...
- Check Those Sales Receipts!
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials thru 4/8/14
- Balancing Act Basics: In Your e-Mailbox!
- Wok's for Dinner: King Ranch Chicken
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 4/3/14-4/5/14
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 4/2/14-4/5/14
- French's Coupons Available: Mustard and More!
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham & Swiss Pizza
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Venison Strips
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Piggies
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2010 (216)