Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Wok's For Dinner: Coconut Shrimp & Mussels


I've only made Coconut Shrimp one time, and it's been about 5+ years.  I don't recall whether or not I liked the recipe, just that it was rather complicated.

I have avoided making Coconut Shrimp ever since, thinking it would be too difficult.  And fattening, since it was a fried version.

But, tonight I tried a 2nd attempt at making Coconut Shrimp, changing things up and, instead of frying the shrimp, baking them in the oven.  And I also threw in some mussels to change things up, and to make the shrimp last a little longer.  My kids are HUGE shrimp fans...who am I kidding, we are ALL HUGE shrimp fans!!

This meal came together really easily & quickly -- right up my alley!  The kids were big fans (not so much about the mussels, which they said looked like eyeballs) but they definitely raved about the shrimp. :D

Coconut Shrimp & Mussels

Ingredients:
1 lb peeled, deveined uncooked shrimp
8 oz mussels, fully cooked, shells removed
1/2 bottle sweet & sour sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 F.  Lightly grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.  Place sweet & sour sauce in a medium bowl, and coconut in a 2nd medium bowl.  Add shrimp and mussels to sauce and coat, then toss in bowl with coconut.  Lay shrimp and mussels in a single layer on baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and coconut is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts