Tuesday, April 8, 2014
I've only made Coconut Shrimp one time, and it's been about 5+ years. I don't recall whether or not I liked the recipe, just that it was rather complicated.
I have avoided making Coconut Shrimp ever since, thinking it would be too difficult. And fattening, since it was a fried version.
But, tonight I tried a 2nd attempt at making Coconut Shrimp, changing things up and, instead of frying the shrimp, baking them in the oven. And I also threw in some mussels to change things up, and to make the shrimp last a little longer. My kids are HUGE shrimp fans...who am I kidding, we are ALL HUGE shrimp fans!!
This meal came together really easily & quickly -- right up my alley! The kids were big fans (not so much about the mussels, which they said looked like eyeballs) but they definitely raved about the shrimp. :D
Coconut Shrimp & Mussels
1 lb peeled, deveined uncooked shrimp
8 oz mussels, fully cooked, shells removed
1/2 bottle sweet & sour sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 450 F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place sweet & sour sauce in a medium bowl, and coconut in a 2nd medium bowl. Add shrimp and mussels to sauce and coat, then toss in bowl with coconut. Lay shrimp and mussels in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and coconut is lightly browned.
- What's on Sale #1: Now Thru 5/3
- Spectacular Sides: Sweet Potato Fries
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Trifle
- Free eBooks:Quick & Easy Paleo, Top 40 Quinoa, Qui...
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooker: Teriyaki Chicken Dr...
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pi...
- Free Sample: Eucerin Lotion
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/28/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Tacoless Taco
- Save A Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/27
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/29/14
- Mambo Sprouts: Healthy & Organic Item Coupons
- What's on Sale: Today Thru 4/26
- Earthbound Farm Reusable Bag
- Free Sample: Poise LIner Pad
- Free Sample: U by Kotex!
- Free Sample: Purina Healthy Weight Cat Chow
- Save-A-Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/20
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/23
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Venison Meatloaf (Qu...
- What's on Sale: 4/16/14-4/19/14
- Free Sample: New Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cl...
- Spectacular Sides: Fried Eggplant
- Wok's for Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Shells
- Free Sample: Biolage
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/14/14-4/20/14
- What's on Sale #2: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- What's on Sale #1: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- Celebrate Wimpy Kid Month
- Wok's For Dinner: Coconut Shrimp & Mussels
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/7/14 - 4/13/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Casserole
- Freebies in my Mailbox: Finish Dishwashing Sample
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet & Sour Dogs
- Free eBooks: Herbs & Spices, Canning & Preserving,...
- Check Those Sales Receipts!
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials thru 4/8/14
- Balancing Act Basics: In Your e-Mailbox!
- Wok's for Dinner: King Ranch Chicken
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 4/3/14-4/5/14
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 4/2/14-4/5/14
- French's Coupons Available: Mustard and More!
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham & Swiss Pizza
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Venison Strips
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Piggies
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2010 (216)