Thursday, April 17, 2014
This is always a hit with the entire family, although I don't make it often (due to the word "fried" in the recipe title). It does not have to be fried in a skillet, of course. You can bake it in the oven on a large baking sheet with some EVOO sprinkled on top. It tastes good that way, too. But as for my house, we prefer the old-fashioned method of doing it on the stove in a skillet. I keep it light & healthier by using extra-virgin olive oil and I don't deep-fry; just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet is all that is needed.
Watch out, taste buds!
2 Tbsp water
1 cup breadcrumbs or panko-style bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 med-large eggplant
extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)*
Peel eggplant and cut off tips. Beat eggs and water in a medium bowl with a fork. Mix together breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in another medium bowl. Slice eggplant into thin slices, 1/8-1/4-inch thick slices. Add enough EVVO to cover bottom of a large & deep skillet; heat oil over medium heat. Dip eggplant slices into bowl with egg mixture, then lightly coat with breadcrumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in heated oil. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels on it to absorb some of the oil. Serve as a side dish with your favorite pasta dish!
*Note: while cooking, add additional EVOO as necessary to your skillet (the breadcrumbs will absorb some of the oil while it's cooking).
- What's on Sale #1: Now Thru 5/3
- Spectacular Sides: Sweet Potato Fries
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Trifle
- Free eBooks:Quick & Easy Paleo, Top 40 Quinoa, Qui...
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooker: Teriyaki Chicken Dr...
- Delicious Desserts: Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Pi...
- Free Sample: Eucerin Lotion
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/28/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Tacoless Taco
- Save A Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/27
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/29/14
- Mambo Sprouts: Healthy & Organic Item Coupons
- What's on Sale: Today Thru 4/26
- Earthbound Farm Reusable Bag
- Free Sample: Poise LIner Pad
- Free Sample: U by Kotex!
- Free Sample: Purina Healthy Weight Cat Chow
- Save-A-Lot 3-Day Sale: Now Thru 4/20
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials: Now Thru 4/23
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker Venison Meatloaf (Qu...
- What's on Sale: 4/16/14-4/19/14
- Free Sample: New Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cl...
- Spectacular Sides: Fried Eggplant
- Wok's for Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Shells
- Free Sample: Biolage
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/14/14-4/20/14
- What's on Sale #2: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- What's on Sale #1: 4/9/14-4/12/14
- Celebrate Wimpy Kid Month
- Wok's For Dinner: Coconut Shrimp & Mussels
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/7/14 - 4/13/14
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Casserole
- Freebies in my Mailbox: Finish Dishwashing Sample
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet & Sour Dogs
- Free eBooks: Herbs & Spices, Canning & Preserving,...
- Check Those Sales Receipts!
- Harris Teeter e-VIC Specials thru 4/8/14
- Balancing Act Basics: In Your e-Mailbox!
- Wok's for Dinner: King Ranch Chicken
- What's on Sale This Week #2: 4/3/14-4/5/14
- What's on Sale This Week #1: 4/2/14-4/5/14
- French's Coupons Available: Mustard and More!
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham & Swiss Pizza
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Venison Strips
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Piggies
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2010 (216)