Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slices

This is a recipe that came from the Novmber 2008 Taste of Home: Thanksgiving magazine. It just sounded really good to me, so I thought it would be worth trying out.

Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slices

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 bone-in pork loin chops, 1-1/2 inches thick each (I used 3 chops)
1/4 cup water
1 jar (12ozs) currant jelly (I used 1 Tbsp apricot jelly)
3-4 unpeeled green tart apples, thinly sliced

Directions:
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the pork chops. Place in a greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan (I used a much smaller pan since I only had 3 chops). Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160 F. In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops. If freezing: Cook as directed then place all ingredients in a gallon-size freezer bag. Squeeze out all air, seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in fridge; heat in microwave; serve.

This was really good. I got a little nervous before tasting the apples, fearing that they wouldn't taste good. (Who gets nervous over eating apples??). But they tasted really good, kind of like a candy apple but healthier. The kids ate their chops really good, my daughter even announced that she loved hers. Neither of them touched their apples bu they did like the acorn squash that I served on the side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts