Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Beef 'N Spice

This is a recipe that I got from my stepmother many, many years ago. Seriously, many years ago. I think that I was 12-yrs-old. Gosh, have I been collecting recipes for over 20 years now?? And what I was doing getting recipes when I was 12? Oh yeah--my mom was a recipe collector and expected me to come home with recipes of the food my stepmother made! lol



Beef 'N Spice



Ingredients:
3-4lbs stew beef or round steak (I used ribeyes that came in my August A.F.M. order)
1 lb can tomatoes
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic
6 whole cloves
1/2 tsp mixed pickling spice (I've never used this, I just omit)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf

Directions:
Trim fat from meat. Cut into bite-size cubes. Put all ingredients into a crock-pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Serve over white rice or noodles. If freezing: After cooking in crock-pot, let cool and then place in freezer bag. Squeeze out air, seal, and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in fridge. Heat in microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Serve over rice or noodles (I always serve over rice).

This was the first time I served this meal as a freezer meal. It was just as fantastic as though I had pulled it straight from the crock-pot! The meat was good & tender, and I really love the flavor that the cloves and vinegar add.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts