Monday, September 14, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole

This recipe came from my friend Charly. I had it either at a church potluck dinner or something like that. It's so simple and easy to make; practically cooks itself!

Rice Casserole

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked white rice (I like using my rice cooker that I got for free through My Coke Rewards!)
1 cup cooked broccoli
2 cans cream of mushroom or cream of chicken or one of each
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together, using just half the cheese, and put into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Microwave until cheese melts.

If freezing: Cook the chicken ahead of time, cut up, and place in food saver or freezer bag and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in fridge and prepare as directed above. Great time-saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts