Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower


Tonight we had Lemon Parsley Chicken, one of my freezer meals. I posted the recipe previously, which you can view here (I added a picture of the whole meal). I went scrapbooking Friday night, and we just weren't hungry Saturday night, including the kids, so I had a couple nights' off from cooking. (Yeah me!)
I got this recipe from my friend and roommate from college, Jenna. She always had some really interesting and tasty recipes, and this is no exception. My husband really loves this side dish and the kids gobble it up as well.
Frosted Cauliflower
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cheese, shredded
Directions:
Cut the core out of the head of the cauliflower, keeping just enough of the core in to keep the florets intac. Using a knife, stab up into the remaining core to allow heat to circulate. Cook semi-covered in the microwave 6 minutes per pound. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. When califlower is cooked, frost the head with the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, and replace lid until cheese is melted. Slice into wedges and serve.
The caulifower I used tonight was small, so I cut the "sauce" mixture in half and used only 1/2 cup of cheese. If you like cauliflower and you like cheese, you're sure to like this recipe, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts