Monday, April 27, 2009
Another great recipe from Taste of Home, Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves, had my family drooling for more. I apologize that the pictue is a little dark, but I promise you the meat loaves taste better than they look! Click here for the original recipe. I healthified it up and turned it into a freezer meal for my April once a month cooking. Here's my version:
Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
1 med. egg
3/4 cup 1% milk
3/4 cup shredded cheese (I think I used a fiesta cheese blend...just grabbed something from the frig)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground turkey
2/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble ground turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight loaves (I was able to make 9 loaves); place in a baking dish (I did not grease the pan). In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains. If freezing: Let cool completely after baking. Place loaves into a food saver and vacuum-seal. Thaw 24 hours before heating on a plate in the microwave and serving.
My husband and I both enjoyed the mini meat loaves, and our son ate it really well. I think he thought it was a large meatball. Our daughter ate only one but, but she didn't eat anything else on her plate very well. And I found out after dinner that she didn't eat hardly anything today, so she may not be feeling well. Regardless, I will definitely make this again. And freezing/heating worked out great. The mini meat loaves were juicy, flavorful, and it was so convenient to just slip them out of the food saver packaging and pop them in the microwave.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
- When Kids Grow Up
- Balance Your Life: A Spiritual Perspective
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Fish Au Gratin
- Make Your Own Bug Juice
- The Goody Bag
- Gardening Club
- Wok's For Dinner: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- And the $210+ Coupon Giveaway Winner Is...
- Giveaway Round-Up
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3/09
- About Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower
- Frugal Family Fun at the Air Show
- Expired Grocery Coupons--Worth Saving!
- Get on Board A Coupon Train
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Garlic Shrimp
- The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
- B.A.B. $210.00+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!!
- Coupon Goodies
- Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken
- Save on Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes or Big Bags
- Earn Rewards for Being Healthy!
- Taste of Home Freebies
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- Chocolate Giveaway!
- Wok's For Dinner?: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- Angel Food Ministries Part II
- And the got2b winners are...
- Go Green the Frugal Way
- Once A Month Mom Stock Your Kitchen Giveaway!
- Pace Hand-Pick & Win Game
- Free Foil on Earth Day!
- Angel Food Ministries, part 1
- Target Deals
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Babyback Ribs
- got2B smooth operator -- bloggie giveaway!!
- Frugal Focus
- I Can't Believe It's Food Storage!
- How to Speak North Carolinian
- Giveaway--Learning to Live Financially Free
- Free Child Safety Kit From Polly Klaas Foundation
- Enter to Win $150 Worth of Eco-Friendly Products
- Vocalpoint--Help Influence Future Products
- Register for French's® Coupons
- ▼ April (50)