My husband once told me that he would never eat anything off a stick unless it was a corn dog. I told him he would if I made it. :) Sure enough, the first time I made Beef Teriyaki, he ate it off the stick--skewer--and enjoyed it without complaint.
I found the original recipe several years ago, but I don't remember where. I've tweeked it to suit our tastes. Since my Angel Food Ministries (AFM) order in March came with some beef, I decided to make this recipe for my March Once a Month Mom (OAMM) cooking day (click here to find out why I buy food from AFM).
1 lb beef boneless sirloin steak (you can also use ribeye, New York strip steak, etc.)
1/4 cup soy sauce or teriyaki
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sugar
1 clove garlic, chopped
Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Place beef in glass bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
If freezing: place beef mixture into a freezer bag, remove all air, seal, and place in freezer. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator before cooking and serving. The thawing process will allow the beef mixture to marinate.
If you do not freeze: cover and refrigerator beef mixture, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour.
Once you're ready to cook: Thread beef cubes on skewers. We use 4 skewers and load 'em up. Brush with marinade. Set oven control to broil. Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat 5-6 minutes; turn kabobs. Brush with marinade; broil until done,l 5-6 minutes longer. Brush with marinade.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
- When Kids Grow Up
- Balance Your Life: A Spiritual Perspective
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Fish Au Gratin
- Make Your Own Bug Juice
- The Goody Bag
- Gardening Club
- Wok's For Dinner: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- And the $210+ Coupon Giveaway Winner Is...
- Giveaway Round-Up
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3/09
- About Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower
- Frugal Family Fun at the Air Show
- Expired Grocery Coupons--Worth Saving!
- Get on Board A Coupon Train
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Garlic Shrimp
- The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
- B.A.B. $210.00+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!!
- Coupon Goodies
- Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken
- Save on Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes or Big Bags
- Earn Rewards for Being Healthy!
- Taste of Home Freebies
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- Chocolate Giveaway!
- Wok's For Dinner?: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- Angel Food Ministries Part II
- And the got2b winners are...
- Go Green the Frugal Way
- Once A Month Mom Stock Your Kitchen Giveaway!
- Pace Hand-Pick & Win Game
- Free Foil on Earth Day!
- Angel Food Ministries, part 1
- Target Deals
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Babyback Ribs
- got2B smooth operator -- bloggie giveaway!!
- Frugal Focus
- I Can't Believe It's Food Storage!
- How to Speak North Carolinian
- Giveaway--Learning to Live Financially Free
- Free Child Safety Kit From Polly Klaas Foundation
- Enter to Win $150 Worth of Eco-Friendly Products
- Vocalpoint--Help Influence Future Products
- Register for French's® Coupons
- ▼ April (50)