Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki

My husband once told me that he would never eat anything off a stick unless it was a corn dog. I told him he would if I made it. :) Sure enough, the first time I made Beef Teriyaki, he ate it off the stick--skewer--and enjoyed it without complaint.

I found the original recipe several years ago, but I don't remember where. I've tweeked it to suit our tastes. Since my Angel Food Ministries (AFM) order in March came with some beef, I decided to make this recipe for my March Once a Month Mom (OAMM) cooking day (click here to find out why I buy food from AFM).

Beef Teriyaki

Ingredients:
1 lb beef boneless sirloin steak (you can also use ribeye, New York strip steak, etc.)
1/4 cup soy sauce or teriyaki
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sugar
1 clove garlic, chopped

Directions:
Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Place beef in glass bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.

If freezing: place beef mixture into a freezer bag, remove all air, seal, and place in freezer. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator before cooking and serving. The thawing process will allow the beef mixture to marinate.

If you do not freeze: cover and refrigerator beef mixture, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour.

Once you're ready to cook: Thread beef cubes on skewers. We use 4 skewers and load 'em up. Brush with marinade. Set oven control to broil. Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat 5-6 minutes; turn kabobs. Brush with marinade; broil until done,l 5-6 minutes longer. Brush with marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts