So here's what we have going on this week:
- Monday--Li'l Cheddar Meatloaves (healthified), Celery Sticks w/Ranch dressing, Sliced Apples. Typically, we have what we call "Family Home Evening," or FHE for short, on Mondays. This is our special night once a week that we do an activity together. It usually involves singing song, reading scriptures, having a spiritual lesson, an activity, and a dessert (I limit desserts to just two days a week, Mondays & Fridays). Hubs and I want to dedicate as much time as possible to our FHE, so meals are typically very simple. Having freezer meals on-hand has really saved us a lot of time.
- Tuesday--Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, French Fries, Pickles, Cinnamon Pears. My son has baseball practice this night, and I will be at the Gardening Club meeting, so we'll eat an early dinner. Hubs and son will eat after getting home from baseball practice, while daughter and I will be at the Gardening Club.
- Wednesday--Baked Fish Au Gratin, Cole Slaw, Cantaloupe. Nothing going on as of yet, although my car needs some repairs done, and we may have to leave after dinner to take it to a friend who has offered to repair it. Long story about the repairs, but suffice it to say he'll have to keep it overnight, work on it the next day, let it sit for 12 hours to allow a gasket to seal really well, then somehow get the car back into my possession. We haven't finalized all the details, so we may stay home this evening after all.
- Thursday--Pepper New York Strip Steak, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans. Hubs has a meeting this night, but thankfully that is late in the evening, so we'll all be able to eat together before he needs to leave.
- Friday--Pizza, Cantaloupe. I bought several DiGiorno frozen pizzas that were on sale at Food Lion for $3.99 each a few weeks ago. My son has baseball practice on Friday nights, and I usually try to attend on these nights to support him, so we'll need an "eat and run" meal.
- Saturday--Pasta Crab Casserole, Cole Slaw, Pineapple. Nothing on the calendar--yet.
- Sunday--Creamed Chicken & Biscuits, Carrot & Raisin Salad (there's corn in the main course, so I will forego another side dish). The Sabbath is our day of "rest", so as far as I'm aware, we'll just be enjoying a quiet evening at home. However, my brother-in-law's birthday is next week, and since he's in college, it wouldn't surprise me if my mother-in-law decides to have a birthday party for him this evening, which means we'll probably be over there for cake and ice cream after dinner. I should probably call her and see if she's going to do that so it can get added to the calendar before something else pops up.
I know you're just itching to find out how to make these scrumptuous meals :D -- never worry, I'll post the recipes and a picture each day as the meals are made.