Thursday, April 23, 2009
My first time to make this dish, Honey Garlic Shrimp. Also on the Once a Month Mom menu for me using food I purchased through Angel Food Ministries (click here for my April menu). Unfortunately, I don't know where I originally found this recipe. It's in my cookbook I made several years ago combining recipes from several cookbooks I had and family recipes I had gathered. I know it's not a family recipe because it doesn't have a name from a family submitter, so it must have come out of one of my many cookbooks I had.
Anyhoo, here's how to make it :)
Honey Garlic Shrimp
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp peanut or vegetable oil (used olive oil)
2 cups julienned carrots
2 cups julienned zucchini (omitted; the zucchini was AWFUL at the grocery store, as well as the summer squash, so I gave up trying to buy any)
1 pound shelled, deveined uncooked large shrimp
2 cups cooked cabbage (not in original recipe, but I had some leftover from a quick kielbasa/cabbage meal I made a few days ago)
In small bowl, stir together soy sauce, honey and garlic. In wok (get it..."wok's" for dinner? heehee) or large skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add carrots and zucchini. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until vegetables are slightly tender; remove from wok. Add shrimp. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Return vegetables to wok; stir in soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and liquid has thickened slightly. If freezing: Place shrimp mixture into gallon-size freezer bag. Squeeze out air and seal. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in saucepan on stove. Serve over rice with your choice of side dishes.
We had this with some fresh pineapple I had cut up yesterday. My husband and I were really impressed with the flavor; sweet & juicy but not overpowering in the least. I really enjoyed it and adding the cabbage helped was a nice touch too, it seemed to fit right in. I have a little bit of rice and Honey Garlic Shrimp leftover, just enough to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Also nice about this meal is the kids really liked it. My son, at first, refused to eat it, but I told him he needed to at least taste it, which he did. When I asked him if he liked it, he said, "A little," then proceeded to inhale the rest! (He doesn't like to admit that he really likes something after first insisting that he didn't like it!)
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
- When Kids Grow Up
- Balance Your Life: A Spiritual Perspective
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Fish Au Gratin
- Make Your Own Bug Juice
- The Goody Bag
- Gardening Club
- Wok's For Dinner: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- And the $210+ Coupon Giveaway Winner Is...
- Giveaway Round-Up
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3/09
- About Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower
- Frugal Family Fun at the Air Show
- Expired Grocery Coupons--Worth Saving!
- Get on Board A Coupon Train
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Garlic Shrimp
- The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
- B.A.B. $210.00+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!!
- Coupon Goodies
- Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken
- Save on Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes or Big Bags
- Earn Rewards for Being Healthy!
- Taste of Home Freebies
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- Chocolate Giveaway!
- Wok's For Dinner?: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- Angel Food Ministries Part II
- And the got2b winners are...
- Go Green the Frugal Way
- Once A Month Mom Stock Your Kitchen Giveaway!
- Pace Hand-Pick & Win Game
- Free Foil on Earth Day!
- Angel Food Ministries, part 1
- Target Deals
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Babyback Ribs
- got2B smooth operator -- bloggie giveaway!!
- Frugal Focus
- I Can't Believe It's Food Storage!
- How to Speak North Carolinian
- Giveaway--Learning to Live Financially Free
- Free Child Safety Kit From Polly Klaas Foundation
- Enter to Win $150 Worth of Eco-Friendly Products
- Vocalpoint--Help Influence Future Products
- Register for French's® Coupons
- ▼ April (50)