Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken


This recipe is one that I don't make very often, but I really enjoy it when I do. I cooked it up and froze it when I did my Once a Month Mom (OAMM) freezer meal cooking day. On meal day, I'll just heat it up before serving it with a side or two of vegetables.

Lemon Parsley Chicken

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic
1 lemon
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, breast and/or thighs
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger (I just substitute with 1 tsp ground ginger)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp Dijon-style mustard, optional
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Peel and chop garlic (a mini-size food process works great!). Grate the rind and squeeze juice from lemon; reserve juice. Combine flour, lemon rind, and garlic. Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Toss pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off excess. Reserve remaining flour mixture. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes. Peel and grate the ginger and add to skillet (or add ground ginger). Whisk together reserved flour mixture, broth, and sugar. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced, about 5 minutes. Blend the mustard and reserve lemon juice. Add to skillet, stirring, until heated through and combined. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts