A friend gave this to me. I thought it was worth sharing and smiling about to keep us in good spirits when things might get stressful.
Alright ladies, it's that time of year once again!!! I think we need to be reminded of a few things. So my sisters, PLEASE, raise your big toes and repeat after me below...
The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:
I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.
I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
I will shave or pluck the hairs off my big toe.
I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. (No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.)
I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.
I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.
I will promise to go to my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 or $25 and worth EVERY penny).
I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Wok's For Dinner: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A
- When Kids Grow Up
- Balance Your Life: A Spiritual Perspective
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Fish Au Gratin
- Make Your Own Bug Juice
- The Goody Bag
- Gardening Club
- Wok's For Dinner: Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- And the $210+ Coupon Giveaway Winner Is...
- Giveaway Round-Up
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/27-5/3/09
- About Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Frosted Cauliflower
- Frugal Family Fun at the Air Show
- Expired Grocery Coupons--Worth Saving!
- Get on Board A Coupon Train
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Garlic Shrimp
- The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
- B.A.B. $210.00+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!!
- Coupon Goodies
- Wok's For Dinner?: Lemon Parsley Chicken
- Save on Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes or Big Bags
- Earn Rewards for Being Healthy!
- Taste of Home Freebies
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Teriyaki
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- Chocolate Giveaway!
- Wok's For Dinner?: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- Angel Food Ministries Part II
- And the got2b winners are...
- Go Green the Frugal Way
- Once A Month Mom Stock Your Kitchen Giveaway!
- Pace Hand-Pick & Win Game
- Free Foil on Earth Day!
- Angel Food Ministries, part 1
- Target Deals
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Babyback Ribs
- got2B smooth operator -- bloggie giveaway!!
- Frugal Focus
- I Can't Believe It's Food Storage!
- How to Speak North Carolinian
- Giveaway--Learning to Live Financially Free
- Free Child Safety Kit From Polly Klaas Foundation
- Enter to Win $150 Worth of Eco-Friendly Products
- Vocalpoint--Help Influence Future Products
- Register for French's® Coupons
- ▼ April (50)