Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

I thought I'd share one of the freezer meals that I made back in March as the 2nd in my Wok's For Dinner series. The original recipe, posted by my friend Melissa on her Crockpot Moms group at Lilaguide, isn't a freezer meal but can easily be made into one. Click here to view her Crock-pot recipes and some that I posted myself (I'm dh29167). Melissa is the creator of Melissa's Bargain Blog, where she demonstrates her $40/week grocery budget and scenarios for getting the best deal at grocery and drug stores.

Here's my variation of her recipe, Once a Month Mom (OAMM) style:

French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients:
beef roast
2 cans beef broth
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
4-6 bolillio rolls (you can buy these in the bakery dept. at Walmart)
provolone cheese slices

Place roast into slowcooker. Pour broth over the top of the roast. Add seasonings. Cover and cook on high heat 5-7 hours). Remove roast and save extra juice. With a fork, break the meat apart. Place meat and seasoned broth into a freezer bag. Gently squeeze out all excess air and seal the bag before freezing.

Thaw in refrigerator at least 24 hours before serving. Heat in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Serve the meat on bolillio and use the excess broth for dipping sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts