Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bargain Buy

I did some grocery shopping and really found a great deal today, and I didn't even have to use a coupon!

I was in need of some whole cloves and curry powder. I went to Food Lion this morning, expecting to pay an arm and a leg for some spices. I just so happened to walk down the authentic foods aisle, and saw a rack of Mexican spices. And lo and behold, there were some whole cloves and curry powder!

And the price? I was really, really floored when I saw the price. I think my chin hit the floor when I compared the "authentic" brand to the brand name.

$0.59 Badia whole cloves 0.25oz vs. $5.25 McCormick whole cloves 0.62oz
$1.49 Badia curry powder 2ozs vs. $3.63 McCormick curry powder 1.0oz

For just a moment, I thought someone was playing a joke on me. I don't know if I've ever found spices that cheap. I could have bought 8 packets of the Badia whole cloves (for a total of 2ozs) and still wouldn't have paid as much for 0.62oz of the McCormick brand.

That, sweet sisters, is a Bargain Buy!

And how about you? Did you find a Bargain Buy today? Please share your bargain buy by posting a comment here. I'd love to see what you have done to save your family some money. :)

2 comments:

  1. You already saw my deals. Your sounds great! Spices always cost so much. Do you have a Penzey's Spices near you? They have a huge selection and are not very expensive. Sign up for their newsletter and there are sometimes free coupons on the front. I just got a free Italian Seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, we don't have a Penzey's Spices. I've never heard of that store, but you've piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts