Monday, August 31, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Barbecues

I had never heard of "barbecues" until I met my husband's family in Minnesota. It was then that I learned that barbecues were simply sloppy joes. This particular version comes from my husband's Aunt Eunice.

Barbecues

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground beef (I just used 1 lb)
onion, chopped
bell pepper, chopped (not in original recipe, but I added it)
1 can tomato soup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1 Tbsp vinegar

Directions:
Brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper. Add remaining ingredients, heat and serve. If freezing: let mixture cool after cooking. Place in quart-size freezer bag, or gallon-size if you need the extra container space. Squeeze out air, seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave and serve.

I thought it tasted good, and the kids ate their barbecues really well. Especially my daughter. She made some sort of cookie monster sound while eating hers. I guess that means that she enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts