Friday, August 14, 2009

Wok's for Dinner: Sweet 'N Sour Pork Chops

Ever had one of those Fridays where the end of the work day just won't come fast enough? Ugh, that was today. I was ready to go home long before 5pm showed up. Just anxious for the weekend, I suppose.

Tonight's meal comes from Taste of Home. They have some really tasty recipes. I can't think of any we've tried that we didn't enjoy.

Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each) (I used 4 chops)
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (I used teriyaki sauce b/c I had run out of soy sauce)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water

Directions:
Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender. If freezing: place cooked ingredients into a gallon-size freezer bag; squeeze out air, seal & freeze. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave.

Oh, this recipe was good, good, good!! I especially loved the sauce, and the whole family really enjoyed the meal. I'll have to add this meal to my mental list of favorites. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts