Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Old World Manicotti

I'm finally back online--woohoo!! I've got a new wireless network card, or something like that. I'm not what you'd call "connected" on the computer lingo. All I know is that I'm hooked directly to the router, and hubs is my hero for fixing me up.

Old World Manicotti

Ingredients:
12 large manicotti shells
4 cups mozzarella, shredded
2 Tbsp dried basil
1 jar (26oz) prepared spaghetti sauce
2 cups ricotta or feta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano, grated

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels. For filling, in a medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with ricotta or feta and basil (I prefer to use feta cheese). Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture. Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking pan. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spagheti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately. If freezing: don't worry about baking the manicotti. Prepare as directed and use a disposable aluminum baking dish; cover with foil. To make cooking day a snap, use a permanent marker to write the baking directions on the foil lid, then freeze manicotti. Thaw 36-48 hours in refrigerator. Bake as directed.

This is one of my husband's favorite meals, and it tasted just as good as it always has. This was the first time I've used it as a freezer meal, and it worked out really good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts