Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Shrimp & Broccoli With Pasta

Disclaimer: Sorry, folks for those of you receiving this through Feedburner. I typed the title and accidentally hit "enter" so you may have received this in your inbox with nothing aside from the title. Oops!

I served up this meal on my August freezer meal cooking day. The orginal recipe came out of the Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious May/June 2009 magazine. Utilizing what I had on-stock and knowing my family's tastes, I made several modifications to the original recipe, and this is what I came up with.

Shrimp & Broccoli With Pasta

Ingredients:
8oz uncooked spaghetti pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
8oz frozen broccoli
1 garlic clove pressed
8oz frozen carrots
1/2 lbs cooked large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bottle alfredo sauce
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli & carrots in olive oil until crisp-tender. Add cooked shrimp and seasonings and cook until shrimp are heated through. Stir in alfredo sauce; simmer shrimp & pasta mixture for 4 or 5 minutes until heated through. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Hubs and I really enjoyed this meal, but the kids LOVED it! My son asked for seconds and insisted he wanted more for breakfast. I managed to talk him into saving it for today's lunch. I'll have to remember to make this meal again in the near future. :)


Above: the kids loved, loved, LOVED this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts