Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade

When I was really little, Dad was in the military, and we were stationed at Eglin AFB in Florida. Mom & Dad used to take me to the parades in the surrounding area of where we lived. When I was older, I got to be in the parade each year where I lived in Texas. I was in the marching band, and I thrilled hearing the percussion and trumpets. It was an awesome experience.

Last year, we found out that the town near us had an annual Christmas parade. Our son's preschool had entered a float in the parade, and all the kids got to ride in the float. He, our son, had an absolute blast.


This year was no different. His Kindergarten class and our daughter's preschool class were in the parade. They go to the same school, so they were able to ride together on the float. It was a chilly day, so we bundled them up in coats, scarves, hats and blankets. I was a little nervous having our girl ride the float, but I knew she would be okay with her big brother next to her.
I found out after the parade was over that Little Miss came "this" close to falling asleep! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts