I'm so happy tonight! I managed to wrap all the Christmas presents for the kids, and the wrapped presents are now under the tree!! We're having a "homegrown" Christmas for adults this year (i.e. homemade) instead of buying presents, so that is next on the list to work on. One step at a time trying to get everything accomplished. :)
This meal originally came from Pampered Chef. We've all enjoyed it every time I've made it. It is that good!
Family-Size Baked Burrito
2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup salsa, optional
1 Tbsp chicken taco seasoning mix
1 clove garlic, pressed; or 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups shredded colby & Monterrey jack cheese
4 burrito-size flour tortillas
1 can (9oz) bean dip
Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced olives, sour cream, etc.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Juice lime into a medium-size mixing bowl. Add chicken, onion, salsa, seasoning mix and garlic. Microwave chicken mixture 3-4 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in most of the cheese. Arrange tortillas in an overlapping circular pattern on large pizza stone, covering entie surface of baking stone (click here for some pictures demonstrating this). Starting in center, spread bean dip over tortillas, forming a 10x10-inch square. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over bean dip. Fold edges of tortillas up over chicken mixture in an envelope pattern. I ended up using much smaller tortillas. My burrito-size tortillas, which I had bought only a week or so ago, had gone bad! By bad I mean molded over, yuck! So I used taco size tortillas, but they worked out just as well. Instead of folding the tortillas over the chicken mixture, I just placed more tortillas on top. After getting all the tortillas in place, arrange tomato slices in ows over top of burrito. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned. Cut into rectangles; serve with assorted toppings.
If freezing: You can either prepare or cook your chicken ahead of time and then freeze it. Or take your cooked chicken, mix in all the ingredients excluding the tortillas, bean dip and toppings, and then freeze your chicken mixture.
This meal turned just as fantastic as it always does. We had some leftover, and I offered it to my husband for his lunch today (thinking there's no way he would eat it). Would you believe that he ate it and LOVED it?!! Loved leftovers!! He told me this evening that it tasted better today than it did last night. Definitely hard to believe!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)