This particular recipe came from Dawn at Finding My Way At Home. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever made a quiche. My mom made a quiche once when I was young, and I remember loving it. And I've had quiche many times over the years, but just never got around to making it until now.
1 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 Tbsp boiling water
2/3 cup chopped ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used slices of Swiss that I had on-hand)
1/4 cup chopped onion (I used 1/2 tsp onion powder)
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
12 oz can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Stir Bisquick and butter until blended. Add boiling water and stir until soft dough forms. Press dough into bottom and up sides of greased pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese, onion and broccoli over crust. Beat eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until edge is golen brown and center is set.
Remember Ernest P. Worrell? The character created by the late Jim Varney...the same character who once said, "Real men don't eat quiche." Well, I'm here to tell you that Ernest had no idea what he was talking about, because my husband ate his quiche and liked it a lot! And that goes for me as well. Except I didn't just like it, I loved it. It was really good and a nice change. We've had a lot of nice changes to our menu lately, a nice way to add variety. And the kids have adjusted well to seeing new things on their plate, for the most part at least. :)
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)