Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree

This is the third in my series on holiday traditions. If you missed the first two, you can click here to read about Hiding the Pickle Ornament and here to read about Elf on a Shelf.

Another tradition my family has is placing a stuffed Santa under the Christmas tree. When my mom was abaout 4 years old, her Aunt Millie made her a Santa Claus. My aunt and uncle also got a Santa from Aunt Millie.


I don't know what happened to the three Santa's during the years that my mom and her brother and sister were growing up. But when my mom became an adult and got married, she started placing her Santa underneath the Christmas tree with all the presents. It's a tradition that I remembered very fondly growing up.

My mom passed away from cancer in 2001, and I inherited her Santa Claus. In loving memory of my mom, I place her Santa Claus under our Christmas tree each and every year. And I love sharing this tradition with my children, as it helps to keep alive the memory of their grandma.
What are some of our favorite traditions? Please leave a comment and share. I'd love to hear from you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts