Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos

I had planned on making tacos a couple days ago, but hubs had ulterior motives and picked up Chick-fil-A Monday night. We had invited a friend over for dinner tonight, so I decided to make the tacos instead of the casserole I had planned. The change was definitely worth it!

Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:
cooked chicken, about 3 cups
1/2 pkg taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso 1/3 less sodium)
1/2 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 1/3 cups water
diced fresh tomato
lettuce
shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)

Directions:
Place cooked chicken in large skillet, add seasoning mixes and water. Stir and simmer on low fo about 5 minutes. Serve on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.

I had a friend who made Tortilla Soup and told me she used ranch dressing mix. The soup was fantastic, so I decided to try it out on my tacos for tonight. And was it ever good! The flavors blended really well. The kids ate great, hubs ate great, I ate great, and our guest had seconds and commented several times how much she loves our tacos. I couldn't be happier. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts