Friday, December 18, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops

Tonight's meal comes from the Unfinished Mom. I second her statement that she is "always learning to be better at all the parts of being a mom and I enjoy sharing what I've learned along the way." When I read that, I thought, "hey, that's me!"

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs (I used 1 cup plain + 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning)
4 pork chops (1/2-3/4" thick)--bone-in or boneless (I used boneless)
salt and pepper to taste
6 Tbsp olive oil (I only used 3 Tbsp)

Directions:
Lay out 3 pie plates (or other similar size container with sides). Place Parmesan cheese, whisked eggs and bread crumbs in 3 separate pie plates (one ingredient in each container). Sprinkle pork chops with salt & pepper on both sides. Coat pork chops with parmesan cheese on both sides; pat to adhere. Dip chops into eggs, turn to coat both sides. Dredge pork chops in bread crumbs; turn to coat both sides. Pat to adhere. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chops in batches if necessary; cook until golden brown and center reaches 150 degrees (~6 minutes per side). Transfer to plate; serve.

If freezing: Prepare as directed, then allow to cool. Seal in food saver and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes.

We loved these! The flavor of the Italian seasoning was a nice touch and really helped "make" these chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts