Tonight's meal comes from the Unfinished Mom. I second her statement that she is "always learning to be better at all the parts of being a mom and I enjoy sharing what I've learned along the way." When I read that, I thought, "hey, that's me!"
Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs (I used 1 cup plain + 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning)
4 pork chops (1/2-3/4" thick)--bone-in or boneless (I used boneless)
salt and pepper to taste
6 Tbsp olive oil (I only used 3 Tbsp)
Lay out 3 pie plates (or other similar size container with sides). Place Parmesan cheese, whisked eggs and bread crumbs in 3 separate pie plates (one ingredient in each container). Sprinkle pork chops with salt & pepper on both sides. Coat pork chops with parmesan cheese on both sides; pat to adhere. Dip chops into eggs, turn to coat both sides. Dredge pork chops in bread crumbs; turn to coat both sides. Pat to adhere. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chops in batches if necessary; cook until golden brown and center reaches 150 degrees (~6 minutes per side). Transfer to plate; serve.
If freezing: Prepare as directed, then allow to cool. Seal in food saver and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes.
We loved these! The flavor of the Italian seasoning was a nice touch and really helped "make" these chops.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)