Sunday, December 20, 2009
Aaachh!! Can it already be the week of Christmas?? I've managed to get a lot done getting ready for this day, but I still feel like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I'm not stressing just yet, but I am pretty close. So while I take a few deep breaths to remain calm, here's the menu plan for this week's dinners:
Monday--Fish Sandwiches, French Fries, Mixed Fruit
This is our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE as we call it. We'll drive through some of the neighborhoods in a nearby town and look at Christmas lights.
Tuesday--Tortilla Casserole, Tossed Salad With Orange Wedges
We were supposed to eat this meal last week, but it got pushed back. My friend Melissa had the recipe for Tortilla Casserole at her blog, Melissa's Bargain Blog, but the link I had been using isn't working right. I printed off the recipe several weeks ago, so I'll post the recipe later this week.
Wednesday--Mexican Pork Chops, Mango & Kiwi, Rice
Another meal we were supposed to have last week. What's really bad is that the night I had planned for this meal, I actually thought we were supposed to have Chicken Tacos, which we didn't even have until a few days later. My "mommy brain" has kicked into full gear, thanks in part (I'm guessing here) to the holidays and all the goings-on. Too much to keep up with! And I think I'm confusing myself just writing all this.
Thursday--Christmas Eve at the in-laws
They have a tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve and having a huge holiday spread of finger foods, appetizers and all types of treats for dinner.
Friday--Christmas Day at the in-laws
Anything leftover from Christmas Eve gets served on Christmas Day, along with a baked ham. My mother-in-law is also using a turkey that I gave her to make some dish. I have no idea what it is--she won't get into specifics with me about it. But, I did manage to find out that the turkey is prepared a few days ahead of time and you discard the carcass, so it's not a traditional holiday baked turkey...be interesting to see what it ends up being.
Saturday--Chicken Tenders, French Fries, Green Beans
Finally, my freezer meal cooking day!! I had intended on making my freezer meals yesterday, but with all the holiday happenings, I just wasn't as prepared as I needed to be. Plus, my refrigerator/freezer and my chest freezer are packed solid. I simpl don't have a lot of room! I overstocked up on meats, and a friend from church gave us about a 20-lb turkey. Plus, I also got a turkey from work, which I gave to my mother-in-law to use in our Christmas Day dinner (see above). Hubs did some hunting last week, and shot a deer. He came home with 30lbs of ground venison, which we've had to store in his parents' upright freezer since we had no room. But please don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining! I'd rather have too much than too little.
Sunday--Stuffed Pork Chops, Tossed Salad, Vegetables Sicily
Finally...a day of peace & relaxation, I hope (keeping my fingers crossed!!!). :
For hundreds of menu plan options, please visit OrgJunkie.com!!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)