Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef

It's been awhile since I've made this particular recipe. I think this recipe came with the instructions I got for my first Crock-Pot. I like it because you can shred the beef, leave it as a whole roast, or cut it up into 1-inch chunks like I did. You can serve the barbecued beef alone, or put on sandwich buns.

Barbecued Beef

Ingredients:
3 lbs boneless chuck roast
1 1/2 cups ketchup
2 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Place roast in Crock-Pot. Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over chuck roast. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Remove roast from Crock-Pot and shread meat, or cut into chunks. Place meat back into crock. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce.

If freezing: After cooking up barbecued beef and sauce, allow to cool. Seal in freezer bag, lay flat and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave on medium power for 3 minutes.

I love the taste of the homemade sauce in this meal. It's sharp without being over powering. The kids enjoyed it, too, which was a real plus for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts