I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received from Jiffy several months ago. It's one of those warm, hearty meals perfect for a cold, crisp Fall or Winter night!
1-1/2 lbs ground beef (I just used 1 lb)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix, reserving 1 tsp
1 can (10.75oz) condensed tomato soup
2 cans (16oz)chili beans
1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup milk
reserved 1 tsp taco seasoning mix
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 3-quart casserole dish. In skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning mix, soup and chili beans. Let simmer while preparing topping. Combine topping ingredients, blend well. Pour meat mixture into prepared dish and spoon topping over meat mixture. Bake uncovered 15-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
If freezing: Prepare chili ingredients as directed and freeze in gallon-size freezer bag. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator, then continue preparing as directed.
I forgot to mix the cheese with the topping ingredients, so I sprinkled the cheese on top. I baked this in a 10x8-inch baking dish, and it took 25 minutes for the cornbread topping to cook through. I'm not sure if it's because the cheese was on top, or not. But this meal was really good, and hubs liked it a lot. My son liked the whole thing, but my daughter only liked the cornbread part. Still, it was a good meal overall. :)
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)