This has to be, like, the healthiest meal imagineable. At least, that's my opinion, and my husband's, too, because he made a comment during supper about how happy I should be because he was eating healthy food. We were supposed to have this meal Tuesday night, but hubs had ulterior motives and dragged me and the kids kicking & screaming to Cici's for pizza (although the kids were more or less skipping their way, and I was the one kicking & screaming, metaphorically speaking, of course!). So I told hubs that we'll just push back the meals by one day, and instead of going out to eat on New Year's Eve as a date night, we'll have to either eat at home or crash his parents' house and eat supper there when we drop the kids off to spend the night.
Grilled Chicken Salad
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-3 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
salad fixin's (I used red and green leaf lettuce from our garden, grated carrots, diced celery, a little shredded cheese and orange slices)
Cut chicken breasts into strips and place into large nonstick skillet with salad dressing. Saute' chicken in salad dressing over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until done, about 15 minutes. Serve your chicken over your favorite tossed salad.
If freezing: Place cooked chicken breasts into a quart-size freezer bag. Squeeze out the air, seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Serve cold over your salad, or heat the chicken up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then serve over your salad.
One thing that's nice about this meal is that it can be as "no fuss" of a meal as you like. Make your chicken and pop open a bag of salad and you're done! Or you can make a homemade version with all your favorite add-ins. Our lettuce is still thriving, even with the freezing temperatures we are having each night, so for now I'll forego the bagged salad and make the homemade version.
- ► 2010 (216)
- Food Storage & 72-hr Kit Weekly Purchase List
- Wok's For Dinner: Easy Enchiladas
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
- CVS Rocks!! The CVS Green Bag Tag
- Stockpiling Your Food Storage for 2010
- Wok's For Dinner: Spaghetti & String Cheese Meatba...
- Wok's For Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chops
- December Freezer Meal Extravaganza Recap
- Menu Plan Monday--12/28-1/3/10
- Holiday Traditions: Feeding the Reindeer
- Holiday Traditions: A Visit From Santa
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Pork Chops
- Bargain Buy
- Holiday Traditions: Driving & Looking At Christmas...
- Wok's For Dinner: Tortilla Casserole
- Holiday Traditions: Re-enacting Luke 2
- December OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/21-12/27/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Crockpot Beef Fajitas
- Holiday Traditions: De Ball Cookies
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
- Holiday Traditions: Holiday Lights & Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Bisquick Quiche
- Holiday Traditions: The Christmas Parade
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Tacos
- Holiday Traditions: Advent Calendar
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Beef
- Holiday Traditions: Santa Under the Tree
- Menu Plan Monday: 12/14-12/20/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Minestrone Soup
- Holiday Traditions: Elf on a Shelf
- Holiday Traditions: Hiding The Pickle Ornament
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Stroganoff
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Cooked in a Pickling Style ...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
- Wok's For Dinner: Calico Beans
- I found this recipe in a free cookbook I received ...
- Santa and the Christmas Spirit
- Wok's For Dinner: Country Ham & Macaroni Casserole...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hotch Potch
- Menu Plan Monday--12/7-12/13/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Family-Size Baked Burrito
- Wok's For Dinner: Turkey Shepherd Pie
- ▼ December (43)