Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Egg Noodles

My aunt gave me this recipe when I put together a family cookbook. She got this recipe from her grandmother-in-law. I stuck as close to the recipes as I could (and really, it's not that complicated). Except I did not make homemade egg noodles or dilly bread, like my aunt and her grandmother-in-law.

Chicken & Egg Noodles

Ingredients:
Bone-in chicken
4 cans chicken broth
4 cans water
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cornstarch
Homemade Egg Noodles (or the boxed/bagged version)
Dilly Bread (or any side dish of your choice)

Directions:
Bring chicken to a boil with broth and water. Add noodles, salt, pepper & garlic powder (just go by taste). Turn heat down to low and cover. After the chicken is cooked (about 20 minutes) remove the meat and discard the skin and bones. Cut the meat into bite-size pieces. Add about 1 Tbsp cornstarch and water to thicken the broth a little. Serve with Dilly Bread (one day I'll actually try out this recipe and post it) or your choice of sides. If freezing: Let chicken & noodle mixture cool down, then place into a gallon-size freezer bag. Squeeze out air, seal and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator for 24-36 hours. Heat in large skillet.

I've only made this once before, and I seriously overcooked the egg noodles that time. But this time, I did it right, and it tasted so good!! It was a freeer meal that I made in June, and still tasted like I had created it from scratch tonight. I highly recommend it to you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts