Sunday, June 7, 2009

June OAMM & AFM Order

Updated: 6/20/209--added Sunday Pork Roast With Vegetables and Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork (I bought a 1/2 shoulder pork roast that was on sale for $1.08 a pound...what a steal!)

Updated: 6/14/09--I decided to forego the Latin Flavors fruit/veggie box this month. Our garden is really taking off, and we're growing a lot of the items in this box.


I've created my menu plan for my June Once A Month Mom freezer meal menu plan based on my upcoming food order from Angel Food Ministries and some of the deals I've picked up on my shopping trips. The menu is subject to change; I'll probably add a meal or two by the time the big cooking day arrives. I never feel like I have enough on my list.


You can read about why I purchase food from Angel Food Ministries (AFM) here, and the AFM menu for June is here.


This month, I will be ordering one signature box, one chicken combo box, one fresh fruit and veggie box, and one Latin Flavors fresh fruit and veggie box. I may start ordering just one fruit/veggie box instead of the two as our garden continues to produce more and more, but for now we're not getting a whole lot other than squash, so I'll keep on buying the two boxes. In addition to the meats that are on the AFM menu, I bought a 10-lb beg of chicken leg quarters at IGA. I planon buying a package of country style pork ribs that are still on sale at Food Lion through Tuesday, and I'll buy one pound of ground turkey, a small ham, and a package of ground sausage. Then I should be "good to go" to do my freezer meal cooking on June 20!


My June freezer meal menu:


Breakfast:
Chocolate Buttermilk Bread (I'll actually make muffins instead of bread with this recipe)
Corn Cakes
Honey Quick Bread
Banana-Zucchini Bread
Pannekuken (Dutch Pancake)
Summer Squash Nut Muffins
Chocolate Pancakes


The breakfasts are mostly for the weekends, but will be something the kids or hubs could eat during the week as well. I typically stick to a bowl of cereal during the week, since I usually have to rush to get out the door for work. Hubs is self-employed, so he sets his own work schedule and can usually take his time getting ready in the morning.



Dinners:
Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
Chicken and Squash
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Baked Macaroni
Chicken Zucchini Parmigiana
Baby Back Bash Ribs
Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken and Rice)
Chicken & Egg Noodles
Chicken & Garden Vegetables
Asian Chicken Salad
Chicken and Cheese Lasagna
Herbed Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken
King Ranch Chicken
Chicken in a Pot
Barbecued Sloppy Joes
Hungarian Goulash
Sausage Zucchini Skillet
Sunday Pork Roast With Vegetables
Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork

So far that's just 18 dinners; I have another 8 dinners planned that I will not make as a freezer meal, like hot dogs, cheeseburgers, burritos, and chicken tenders. Most of them are already pre-made frozen meals or will be best cooking up fresh the day we eat them.

I'm going to try to make some of the breakfast meals ahead of time. Mostly because I've harvested so much squash and it's got to get used somehow before it spoils. Squash does not can well, so I'll need to slice and freeze it or add it to a bread recipe. I'm doing both. That is, I plan to do both. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts