Monday, June 8, 2009
You will NEVER guess who I got this recipe from. Ok, well, you might guess, but it'd be a long-shot, so I'll just tell you. Ron Paul. That is, Congressman Ron Paul. From Texas. Who ran in the Primaries last year for the Republican Presidential Nomination. After I first registered to vote many, many years ago, I started receiving little mailings from Congressman Paul. He was my representative when I was going to college in San Marcos, TX. One of the mailings I received was a small cookbook from the Paul family, and that's where this recipe came from.
1/2 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp butter
1 green bell pepper
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp dry oregano
1 cup shredded Mozzarella
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Dip chicken piece in egg and coat with bread mixture. Melt 3 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Arrange green peppers on top. Mix tomato sauce, water, and oregano; pour over chicken. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and heat until melted.
Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm! This is good! I made this as a freezer meal when I had my May once a month cooking day. I didn't have any bell pepper at the time; however, I was able to harvest one green bell pepper from our garden recently, so I used it with tonight's meal. So if you use this recipe and also make it a freezer meal, make sure you let it thaw in the frig for at least 24 hours. Put in skillet with bell pepper and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover, and turn off heat. It'll be ready to serve in about 5 minutes.
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)