Monday, June 8, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken


You will NEVER guess who I got this recipe from. Ok, well, you might guess, but it'd be a long-shot, so I'll just tell you. Ron Paul. That is, Congressman Ron Paul. From Texas. Who ran in the Primaries last year for the Republican Presidential Nomination. After I first registered to vote many, many years ago, I started receiving little mailings from Congressman Paul. He was my representative when I was going to college in San Marcos, TX. One of the mailings I received was a small cookbook from the Paul family, and that's where this recipe came from.

Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbsp butter
1 green bell pepper
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp dry oregano
1 cup shredded Mozzarella

Directions:
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Dip chicken piece in egg and coat with bread mixture. Melt 3 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Arrange green peppers on top. Mix tomato sauce, water, and oregano; pour over chicken. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and heat until melted.

Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm! This is good! I made this as a freezer meal when I had my May once a month cooking day. I didn't have any bell pepper at the time; however, I was able to harvest one green bell pepper from our garden recently, so I used it with tonight's meal. So if you use this recipe and also make it a freezer meal, make sure you let it thaw in the frig for at least 24 hours. Put in skillet with bell pepper and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover, and turn off heat. It'll be ready to serve in about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts